Posted on Nov 10, 2020 by The Pensions Regulator
TPR is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We're looking for a Solutions Architect to Lead the design, development and application of solution architectures, frameworks and roadmaps that meet current and future business needs focused around Regulatory systems
- Develop and maintain policies, architectures, frameworks, roadmaps and standards for 'business area' that deliver the strategic IT goals, business priorities and comply with technical and industry/regulatory standards.
- Provide solution design oversight and advice to ensure compliance of projects and programmes (and services) to architectural standards and roadmaps, resolving or escalating potential non-compliance issues, keeping the business within guiderails including constructively challenge decisions to be taken by projects.
- Ensure technical integrity of projects and services within assigned business areas.
- Develop innovative solution architectures that are cohesive, fit for purpose and ensure cost effective delivery of IT strategy and business priorities.
- Assess emerging industry trends and anticipate and develop potential strategic IT solutions to exploit for business benefit within governance processes.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Specialist knowledge of IT Solutions Architecture models, technology and data management together with SDLC development methodologies and IT processes (Agile, Waterfall, ITIL).
- Broad knowledge of Web, Cloud and Database principles and architectures and specifically Microsoft technologies, including Dynamics 365 CRM, SharePoint, .Net, Sitecore CMS, Azure, Logic Apps, Power Apps, SQL and Enterprise Architecture plus BI/MI experience, ESB/ETL, Data and Cyber Security, (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS).
- Previous experience of developing pragmatic, business centric solutions to solve critical business challenges.
- Previous experience of defining architectural direction and architecture and harnessing innovation for business benefit.
- Previous experience of building, maintaining and influencing relationships with a range of stakeholders.
Please select up to 5 of the below that are relevant to the role. These should be specific traits that cannot be outlined within the essential criteria.
Proactive and flexible
- Can do approach
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Communication skills at all levels
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £52,465.00, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton.
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
The Pensions Regulator is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual's age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the BME and LGBT communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Closing date: 15 th November 2020
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria by clicking the APPLY button and inform your line manager of your application.
Employees within their first 12 months of employment who want to apply for this vacancy should first contact their line manager to discuss their application.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email us.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£55k - £65k Annual
£55k - £65k Annual
£55k - £70k Annual
£50k - £75k Annual
£60k - £70k Annual
£70k - £75k Annual
£0 - £60k Annual
£70k - £75k Annual
£450 - £550 Daily