Home Health Aide
Posted on Nov 10, 2020 by Arcadia HomeCare
Addus HomeCare has strived to keep clients in their homes, since 1979. We provide homecare services to over 40,000 patients. Despite challenging economic conditions caused by COVID-19 Addus HomeCare is still hiring Home Care Aides in over 186 locations across the United States. Addus has implemented comprehensive safety policies based on CDC guidelines designed to promote workplace safety. We are providing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including gloves, face masks, hand sanitizer and anti-bacterial soap to our employees.
We are offering virtual job interviews as a safety measure against COVID-19. Apply today and learn more about our current opportunities.
- Follow a care plan for the client and report on completed tasks
- Assist with personal care (bathing, dressing, etc.)
- Provide routine house cleaning, laundry, and assist with meal preparation
- Transport client to appointments and daily errands
- Assist client with the self-administration of medications (no administering or measuring)
- Observe and report any changes in client's condition
- High school diploma or GED, and one year of in-home care services experience
- Able to pass a criminal background check
- Reliable transportation. If you are using a car, a valid driver's license and proof of insurance is required.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and follow written/verbal instructions
- Good communication skills
- Reliable, energetic, self-motivated and well-organized
- Comfortable using a cell phone
- Three references (2 professional and 1 personal) will be required at the time of application.
Addus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.