SW Solution Architect
Posted on Nov 9, 2020 by Morson International (IT)
Morson International are working with a global consultancy who are looking for a SW Solution Architect to join their team in Brussels and Luxembourg. This is an initial 1 year contract, perm placement is possible.
Lead the Solution Architecture design and programming architectures for code efforts Make decisions for the software development framework, see the "big picture" of the project and create architectural approaches for software design and implementation to guide the development team, ensuring that the designed solution satisfies the business and technical objectives which will result in high quality IT solutions
- Lead the Solution Architecture design and programming architectures for code efforts
- Provide top level architectural direction and governance that strikes the balance between directing technical decisions towards alignment but not imposing restrictive unchanging standards on development teams
- Work closely with Enterprise Architect and analysts in gathering requirements and specifications from clients and users
- Determine a project's scope before developers begin any major by conducting required studies
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Provide inputs in development of schedules and test plans, preparation of documentation based on analyst reports, and defining key project milestones
- Evaluate potential risk in projects
- Advise the project team and the client in areas such as capacity management, contingency planning, environment planning, configuration management and other relevant tasks related to the role
- Maintain relevant documents/manuals describing the System and its infrastructure
- Review of software code and secure code in line with best practices.
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant discipline
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the defined area of expertise, including 6 years as Solution Architect
- Ability to understand the IT design models and specifications to be used as a basis for the programming
- In depth knowledge of the applicable programming environment considered as being mainstream for the IT project
- In depth knowledge of and experience in TOGAF methodology
- In depth knowledge of OWASP guidelines for the secure application design
- Knowledge of interoperability technology (eg, web services, message oriented Middleware, service oriented bus)
- Experience of the full development life cycle of complex large scale and multi-user applications
- Experience using agile software development methodologies (ie Kanban, Scrum and other lean techniques)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity in writing documents
- Excellent knowledge of English language (written and verbal)
- Experience and willingness of working in an international/multicultural environment
- Willingness to travel and work abroad
- Fulfilled military obligations (for male candidates).
If you are interested and would like to find out more, apply now and we will be in touch shortly. Alternatively, contact Paul from Morson for more information.