Anaplan Expert £95,000 plus bonus
Posted on Nov 9, 2020 by Alexander Charles Associates t/a Hunter Gibson
Systems Accountant/manager Anaplan London £95,000 plus bonus
Our client is an international family office with around £4bn under management.
The operation controls assets across various sectors, including financial services, properties and shipping.
We have an immediate vacancy for a qualified accountant, who has moved on into systems and is seeking to further their career in this field.
My client uses Anaplan and it is essential we find someone who has substantial experience in the role, as its pivotal to the appointment.
You will become the go to person in the group for issues relating to Anaplan.
Anaplan is a critical component of the Group's financial reporting and control infrastructure, supporting a range of consolidation, reporting, analytical and core process requirements for users in multiple geographies and across diverse business areas. The Anaplan Support Manager will both support and drive ongoing improvements to the existing models and wider architecture while at the same time providing advice and guidance to other users as they become increasingly familiar with Anaplan's modelling capabilities. The Anaplan Support Manager will be the senior point of contact for Anaplan knowledge, advice, planning and implementation within the Group.
In addition, the successful candidate will also be responsible for managing the licensing and other related activities associated with the other primary applications which are used to deliver the Groups financial reporting and control framework.
The successful candidate will have the capacity to balance the day-to-day time-critical response to user queries and issues with a longer-term focus on incremental, and important, improvements to functionality and performance. As such it is preferred that they will have had experience in a similar role in a comparably sized and diverse business where they will have demonstrated a strong ability to prioritise and adapt according to the organisation's needs. However, a candidate that exhibits the ability and desire to "step up" will also be considered. With this in mind the ability to show a considered approach to analysing a problem and recommending/implementing a solution is essential.
Strong Anaplan model-building skills are a pre-requisite. Certification to the Anaplan Solution Architect or Master Anaplanner level is most preferred. In any event, the clearly demonstrated capacity to work at that level of competence will be a requirement. Hands on experience of finance function processes including consolidation, management reporting, forecasting/budgeting and finance operations are all highly desirable
In addition, knowledge of programming languages (such as C#, Python and SQL) would be desirable but is not a strict requirement. Having this knowledge will allow the candidate to more effectively support a wider cross section of the Group.
You must have:
- The ability to articulate workflows and outputs that support executive decision making at every level of an organisation
- Strong experience in building, supporting and enhancing Anaplan models for a range of finance function requirements
- Wider understanding of how to optimise Anaplan and other related tools and processes to support business requirements
- A whole-life cycle view of systems including requirements definition, building and testing and delivery into live support
- A pro-active approach to identifying opportunities to improve working processes and systems
- Rigorous attention to detail whilst retaining a view of the strategic 'big picture'
- The ability to work effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal skills (both verbal and written)
In addition the following would be highly beneficial:
- An accounting qualification
- Experience working within the finance function in a variety of non-system roles
- Experience in working in any of the following businesses: family office, shipping, real estate investment, asset management
- knowledge of any or all of C#, Python and SQL or similar programming languages
While under present circumstances remote working is anticipated, the role is normally based in our office in the West End of London - it is to be expected that when conditions permit there will be occasional need to travel to our locations in Athens, Limassol and Monaco.