Junior Linux PHP Engineer
Posted on Nov 9, 2020 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*This is a 6 month contract to hire role, we are unable to sponsor for this role and no 3rd party candidates will be considered*
Prestigious Financial Software Firm is currently seeking a Jr. Linux Platform Engineer, preferably with PHP experience. Candidate will be responsible for building and maintaining the Servers, OS, and configuration of the Linux and AWS platforms. As a member of the team you'll have the opportunity to work with the latest hardware, build in house automation and monitoring tools, leverage Open Source projects, and make meaningful contributions to the company.
- Represent the Linux Systems team.
- Gather, organize, document, and clearly communicate project requirements to relevant teams.
- Use the latest in systems management techniques to develop, test, and deploy configuration changes
- Reduce administrative overhead wherever possible, an "automate everything" attitude
- Identify key performance and capacity metrics and build scalable monitoring systems
- Work with several R&D efforts and evaluate emerging technologies
- Work closely with development teams on capacity scaling and performance tuning
- Ensure Linux systems are adequately hardened and meet our security requirements
- 2+ years experience managing a 24x7 environment
- Highly methodical and analytical approach to problem solving and evaluating technologies
- Dedication to quality and attention to detail