Senior Scrum Master - GRC projects
Posted on Nov 8, 2020 by MRP Technology Ltd
Senior Scrum Master - GRC projects
6 month contract
An excellent opportunity for a Scrum Master to join a leading retail client on a minimum 6 month contract working remotely.
My Client are setting the digital agenda to keep them leading in an uncertain and fast moving environment. We drive the development, provision and operation of our digital products and services through the use of new and existing technology and agile delivery methods to deliver at pace. At the same time, we provide a home for digital skills to both develop and extend the technical, people and business skills needed to ensure continuous development and growth of our digital capability.
To guide and coach the scrum team, ensuring the team applies scrum principles appropriately and that the agile events take place.
The Scrum Master will be responsible for;
- Responsible for organization of RCA product teams to ensure that key scrum events take place and are effective in achieving their purpose.
- Participate/lead key scrum events as part of the RCA area cadence and ceremony schedule.
- Organize and run sprint planning meetings, ensuring the team reach a collective agreement on the user stories that will be accepted into the sprint (ie there is an agreed sprint backlog and sprint plan).
- Organize and run the daily scrum meetings (stand ups) and ensuring there is active participation from the teams
- Provide transparency and visibility on the team's activity/progress to management and stakeholders through the use of shared tools and reports.
- Track and use empirical data of scrum team story points commitment and completion through historic sprints to inform estimating and drive for improvement in overall velocity
- Identify and remove any potential impediments/blockers to the delivery of the agreed sprint commitment and manage any emerging dependencies throughout the sprint, escalating where necessary.
- Advocate and demonstrate the benefits of the Agile Process in the wider organization and build agile capability, both across the organization and within the Digital organization.
- Experience in running Governance, Risk, Compliance (GRC) or Internal Audit programs/projects
- Experience in implementing GRC technology in an enterprise project
- Knowledge of Metric Stream tool is an added advantage
- Experience with agile development practices and working in scrum teams, in which requirements and solutions evolve through the collaborative effort of self-organizing cross-functional teams.
- Extensive knowledge of Scrum events and artefacts
- Intermediate knowledge of software development practices and execution within an retail, E-commerce & digital channels environment
- Knowledge of IKEAs corporate identity, core values and vision of creating a better everyday life for the many people
- Passionate and energetic about implementing GRC solutions
- Passionate about agile and scrum and implementing good practices
- Passionate about digital products
- Energized by leading, coaching and developing people
- Motivated to work agile and being open to the change
1. Experience in GRC projects or program implementation.
2. Experience in GRC tools such as MetricStream, SAP GRC, RSA Archer etc.
3. Good knowledge of risk and controls operations.
Key previous experiences:
- Proven advanced training in Computer science or equivalent and scrum master certified Demonstrable knowledge of Scrum principles in theory and practise
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as Scrum Master Experience in GRC projects or program implementation
- Experience in GRC tools such as MetricStream, SAP GRC, RSA Archer etc
- Experience of using work management tools such as Jira
- Experience with different Scrum patterns and techniques
- Strong documented leadership skills
Preferred: Experience as a project manager and scrum master