Information Security Engineer
Posted on Nov 8, 2020 by ESG Consulting
Our client is seeking Information Security Engineer to advise on information security issues related to the systems and infrastructure workflow and utilization to ensure the internal security controls for the IT infrastructure is appropriate and operating as intended. Coordinating and supporting key strategies, initiates, and programs for enterprise security protection.
- Analyze security systems and seek improvements on a continuous basis
- Help drive security standards and best practices
- Advise and implement application, and infrastructure security strategy.
- Perform breach, threat, and vulnerability analysis
- Help drive user education on information security best practices
- Deploy, configure, and monitor new security tools
- Troubleshoot and fix security infrastructure issues
- Handle escalations from Cybersecurity Analyst
- Interact with, configure, and troubleshoot network intrusion detection devices and other security systems via proprietary and commercial consoles, both local and remote
- Report possible threats or software issues
- Research weaknesses and find ways to counter them
- Understand software, hardware and Internet needs while adjusting them according to our business environment
- Assist fellow employees with cybersecurity, software, hardware or IT needs
Has extensive knowledge of IT security standards, fully understand PCI and requirements for compliance. Planning and implementing security measures to protect computer systems, networks and data. Expected to stay up-to-date on the latest intelligence, including hackers' methodologies, in order to anticipate security breaches. Is able to effectively managing and preventing data loss and service interruptions by researching new technologies that will effectively protect a network.
Has thorough knowledge of all applicable laws, ordinances, policies, standards and regulations pertaining to the specific duties and responsibilities of the job. Is able to effectively communicate and interact with consultants, subordinates, peers, and management. Is able to assemble information and make written reports and documents in a concise, clear and effective manner. Possess a base of project management concept as necessary in the completion of daily responsibilities. Is able to implement long-term goals in order to promote effectiveness and efficiency. Is able to use independent judgment and discretion in maintaining standards, and resolving problems. Has the ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply regulations, procedures, and related information. Is knowledgeable and proficient with computers. Is able to read, understand and readily interpret applicable regulations, contracts, construction documents, contracts, maps and related materials.
The applicant must be able to manage multiple projects and/or task concurrently. Must be a self-starter and be able to use own judgment/initiative to undertake activities with minimal supervision. The candidate must also have excellent oral and written communications skills as well as the ability to work alone or within a team environment
The successful candidate must be able to work collaboratively with others to achieve team & organizational goals; prioritize projects and/or tasks; provide constructive input to achieve team goals; deliver a customer-focused, responsive service to customers; support efforts to enhance business efficiency & effectiveness; demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude; respond constructively to new information, changing conditions, & unexpected obstacles. Support and assist with achieving the Strategic Objectives and Goals of the Department.
Minimum Qualifications - Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer, Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Network Security, Information Security, Information Technology, or Mathematics
- 4-6 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience: undergraduate degree and 1-2 years of relevant experience, graduate degree and 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Hands on experience with one or more of the following platforms or technologies: Palo Alto, Windows Defender, Forescout, RedSeal, EDR platforms, Okta, Proofpoint, and Qualys
- Advanced knowledge of Unix, Linux, Windows and operating systems
- Advanced knowledge of networking protocols and services such as the following: FTP, HTTP, SSH, SMB, LDAP, etc.
- Packet analysis tools (tcpdump, Wireshark, ngrep, etc.)
- Experience as a network intrusion analyst
Knowledge of information security standards (eg, PCI, NIST framework, ISO 17799/27001, etc.), rules and regulations related to information security and data confidentiality (eg, FERPA, HIPAA, etc.) and desktop, server, application, database, network security principles for risk identification and analysis. Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Excellent communication (oral, written, presentation), interpersonal and consultative skills.
Preferred Education & Experience
- Certifications: CISSP, GCIA, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, GSEC, OSCP, OSCE, OSCP, or similar certification
Licensures and Certifications
Position would be expected to have licensure or professional certifications appropriate to the position.
Valid Georgia driver's license
- Low stress work environment
- Promote from within
- Flexible start times
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
ABOUT ESG CONSULTING:
ESG Consulting is an award-winning national provider of diversified information technology consulting services to Fortune 1000, public sector entities, and emerging growth firms nationwide.
Founded in 1986, ESG offers more than 32 years of experience in the IT staffing, Engineering and consulting industry. While local to Atlanta we are headquartered in Santa Clara.
ESG is an equal opportunity company. Our flexible management culture believes in creating a business environment that fosters personal and professional growth and achievement. We make ESG a place where people are treated not as employees but as "partners".
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.