Network Operations Engineer
Posted on Nov 8, 2020 by ESG Consulting
Our client is seeking an Network Operations Engineer to be responsible for monitoring onsite and remotely, the critical network infrastructure and attached components; troubleshooting, & performing preventive maintenance on a SONET OC-192 fiber-optic backbone & wireless system that operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Because of the 24x7 operational periods of the fiber & wireless systems
The selected candidate will be required to work rotating shifts, frequent overtime & holidays as needed. Day-to-day activities will include monitoring & reviewing incoming SNMP traps, base-lining normal traffic patterns/utilization, investigating network abnormalities, performing MAC (Moves, Adds, Changes) as needed, provisioning circuits, providing tier-1 phone support to both internal & external customers, acting as liaison between customers & tier-2 or above engineers, & dispatching engineers/technicians as needed.
5-10 years IT experience (NOC/SOC preferred), providing Cisco networks & server management support for internal & external customers
- Experience interfacing with vendor or 3rd party Network Operations Centers, internal customers & external customers
- Experience with network monitoring systems & helpdesk/trouble ticketing systems
- Knowledge troubleshooting with network protocol analysis software such as Wireshark, PCAP-ng and/or Ekahau.
- Familiarity of RF spectrum analyzers such as Wi-Spy and Fluke
- Knowledge of Ipswitch What's Up-Gold and Manage Engine monitoring tools a plus
- Knowledge of Cisco Wireless Controllers, Cisco Prime & APs
- CISCO CCNA, CCNP, (CCIE Preferred)
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience with proactively ensuring network, server & environmental infrastructure is available & secure
- Ability to logically troubleshoot & evaluate connectivity issues end-to-end
- Thorough knowledge & understanding of TCP/IP network technologies
- Familiar with Windows Domain, Active Directory, DNS, Telnet, DHCP, FTP, SSL
- Familiar with security standards ISO-9001/TL, 27001, & ITIL certified a plus
- Strong Cisco Switching & Routing background with understanding of (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, RIP)
- Basic knowledge of TACACS+ & RADIUS
Non-Technical Skill(s): The applicant must be able to manage multiple projects and/or tasks concurrently. Must be a self-starter & be able to use own judgment/initiative to undertake activities with minimal supervision. The Candidate must also have excellent oral & written communications skills as well as the ability to work alone or within a team environment.
Organizational Expectations: The successful candidate must be able to work collaboratively with others to achieve team & organizational goals; prioritize projects and/or tasks; provide constructive input to achieve team goals; deliver a customer-focused, responsive service to customers; support efforts to enhance business efficiency & effectiveness; demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude; respond constructively to new information, changing conditions, & unexpected obstacles
- Low stress work environment
- Promote from within
- Flexible start times
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
ABOUT ESG CONSULTING:
ESG Consulting is an award-winning national provider of diversified information technology consulting services to Fortune 1000, public sector entities, and emerging growth firms nationwide.
Founded in 1986, ESG offers more than 32 years of experience in the IT staffing, Engineering and consulting industry. While local to Atlanta we are headquartered in Santa Clara.
ESG is an equal opportunity company. Our flexible management culture believes in creating a business environment that fosters personal and professional growth and achievement. We make ESG a place where people are treated not as employees but as "partners".
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.