Development Engineering Support
Posted on Nov 8, 2020 by ITech Consult
Development Engineering Support - engineering, informatics, life sciences discipline, EN, DE
For our client in the Pharma industry based in Rotkreuz we are looking for a Development Engineering Support.
In a global, cross-functional environment, the System Development (SD) department is responsible for workflow optimization and successfully integrating hardware, software, consumables, and reagents to finally perform the system verification of diagnostics instruments.
As a Development Engineering Supporter, you will work as a part of a cross-functional team on the development of launched complex diagnostics systems, typically fluidics, robotics software, thermal, electrical, mechanical, and biochemical elements and support the team in the daily business. You will perform hands-on testing, including evaluations of system error handling, reliability improvements, and system performance.
Those positions are opened due to a very high workload in the team during the current COVID-19 Pandemic. The team is searching for junior candidates, as example candidates who are currently studying, and who are interested to take a first look in a highly regulated industry. One of the main tasks will be the handling of diagnostics instruments and to ensure that the instruments are constantly operating. The candidates should be willing to work on weekends as well.
Areas of responsibility:
- Handling of diagnostic instruments (Main Task)
- Plan and execute the work packages within the area of responsibility, including reporting and escalating issues to management.
- Generate required documentation/procedures/technical reports in support of daily activities.
- Experimental design and execution of the experiments in the lab.
- The position is limited from 01-Dec-2020 until 31-Mar-2021
- The candidate has to be willing to work on weekends
Professional and technical requirements:
The ideal candidate for our dynamic, international team will have the following skills and experience:
- Ongoing/finished studies in a relevant engineering, informatics, or life sciences discipline (eg, Biotechnology, Electronic/Automation, Bio- and Process-Engineering) or corresponding job experience.
- Interest in the resolution of technical problems and interdisciplinary teamwork (labor, software, automation)
- Willingness to work in a highly regulated industry and labs with biosafety levels S1 and S2
- Enthusiastic team player with good communication and collaboration skills. Solution oriented, autonomous and proactive working style
- Business fluency in German and/or English
Reference no: 919811 AD
Role: Development Engineering Support
Location: Rotkreuz, Switzerland
Start date: ASAP
Duration: until 31.03.2021, with possible extension
ITech Consult is a certified ISO 9001:2015 Swiss company with offices also located in Germany and Ireland. ITech Consult is specialised in delivering IT candidates for contract work. We were founded in 1997 by IT professionals; hence we well understand what it means to be professionally supported in your search for a new project and being employed.