Posted on Nov 7, 2020 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for a Python Developer. The key to this role is to have heavy experience with Python and some experience with some Linux system knowledge. This role will be responsible for writing reusable, testable code to manage the infrastructure. They will write and improve automation and tooling. This person needs to be an expert in Python for automation to build in house automation and monitoring tools. They want someone with experience with configuration management tools such as Salt, Ansible, or Puppet. Experince with container technologies such as Docker and kubernetes.
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code to manage the infrastructure for a large fleet of Linux systems.
- Write and improve a variety of automation and tooling to support production trading systems and daily operations
- Build monitoring and instrumentation to detect problems and support troubleshooting
- Continually design and implement improvements to the technology stack
- Collaborate and support the needs of other Development and Operations teams.
- B.S. or equivalent degree and 5+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Expert-level knowledge of the Python and the Linux operating system
- Experience with unit testing frameworks.
- Familiarity with several of the following projects:
- Configuration management tools (Salt, Ansible, or Puppet)
- Container technologies (lxd/Docker/Kubernetes/etc...)
- CI/CD tools (Jenkins/TravisCI/BitBucket)
- Monitoring tools (Prometheus/InfluxDB/Icinga/Sensu)
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.