Posted on Nov 6, 2020 by Emponics Limited
Our client based in Cambridge are looking for a C++ Developer to join their core media processing development team in Cambridge. At the current time this is work from home and post Covid envisage the reality being 3 days at home and a couple of days in the office.
They are an established developer and manufacturer of specialised automation, media processing and graphics software systems for broadcast television with offices abroad as well as in Cambridge. They have a strong reputation for quality, innovation and technical excellence. They are a German owned company that employs over 11,500 across Europe and beyond.
Their customers include all the main top broadcasters throughout the world inc Sky, BBC,ITV Disney etc and are an engineering driven company working together as a friendly team with a passion for developing state of the art software in an agile software development environment.
C++ Developer - salary Dependent on level of experience.
As a member of their C++ team you will be working on the development of their cross platform Windows and Linux StreamMaster product which is based on their MediaPipeline processing engine.
This role offers a huge variety of technical challenges and requires a willingness to work on many diverse aspects of the software with a pragmatic approach to delivering high quality reliable code at all stages of the product life cycle in an Agile environment.
Good to have:
- A degree in Computer Science or a compatible engineering discipline.
- Experience using C++ and multi-threading.
- Windows and Linux.
- Sound knowledge of software engineering principles.
- Ability to work within a dynamic and rapid code development culture without sacrificing quality.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written, with a willingness to present creative technical solutions to the team.
- A passion for technology and problem solving.
- Willingness to learn from and communicate with the rest of the team.
- Ability to be a team player or work alone as appropriate for the task at hand.
- Agile development environment and experience of JIRA/GIT, cross platform development for Windows and Linux and/or graphics experience would be an advantage.
- An interest in video/audio/media/graphics processing, high speed networking and/or high performance computing would also be an advantage .
In return they offer an excellent salary and benefits package together with the opportunity to work in a friendly engineering driven, intellectually stimulating and challenging environment which values technical creativity and customer focus.
If you have any interest in the TV and Broadcast industry, set top box, video graphics or computer animation you will be amongst like minded people there. They are also willing to invest in courses relevant to the TV and broadcast industry to help you gain insight into the business.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£400 - £450 Daily
£40k - £45k Annual
£55k - £70k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual
£35k - £55k Annual
£40k - £55k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual