Posted on Nov 6, 2020 by Gazelle Global Consulting
For one of my leading Insurance clients based in Brussels Belgium I am urgently looking for a Solution Analyst (SA) who can start ASAP and preferably someone who speaks Dutch & French albeit one or the other is ok if you tick all the boxes!
My client is urgently looking for a Solution analyst with a good knowledge of the insurance industry .
For now Remote working is fine. There may be an opportunity to continue working remote after covid, but this is TBC.
Must have skills & experience:
* Master IT or similar due to experience
* 3-5 years' experience in a similar functional and technical function
* Extensive knowledge of Non-Life/Claims products (minimum 3 years of relevant experience)
* Good transversal insurance knowledge (other than Non-Life Domains)
* Experience with Enterprise Architect & Jira
* Good communication skills
* Good documentation skills
* Very strong analytical skills
* Flexible, fast thinking mindset
* Proactive, agile mindset: looking further than own tasks, helping on achieving a good team result
* Accurate way of working
* Experience with SCRUM
Nice to have
* Experience in Mainframe/CICS environments
* Experience with commercial Front applications
* Guidewire knowledge (PolicyCenter, Billing Center, Product, Portals, Batches, Integration)
The Solution Analyst (SA) analyzes and translates the functional and non-functional "requirements" in a functional/technical related design, taking into account the context (existing architecture, existing other projects, technical possibilities and limitations, etc.). The SA also implements and maintains specific applications/configurations, provides end-user support within his/her scope.
1. Business Requirements
* Review the high-level business requirements (written by Business)
* Critically evaluate the requirements, prioritize the requirements (get a validation on the Minimal Viable Product).
* Participate in defining, weighing and checking the scope of the project.
* Write the detailed requirements by eg translating the high-level requirements into user stories.
* Ensure that the detailed requirements are understood by appropriate parties, from a functional point of view.
* Impact analysis (root cause analysis -> solution design)
* Propose alternatives for solutions where needed.
2. Functional analysis
* Take charge in finding the relevant functional and technical information, given that there is not a lot of documentation foreseen, the knowledge is mostly shared amongst the people
* Quickly resume the required information and acquire the necessary knowledge to perform the functional analysis
* Perform functional analysis of the systems in cooperation with the business representatives
* Organize, if necessary, review cycle(s) with appropriate parties
* Take the final responsibility regarding the quality of the functional phase with the aim of determining the potential functional changes and/or improvements to the subsystems as well (impact analysis/gap analysis)
* Document the outcomes of the functional analyses extensively
3. Technical design
* Perform a technical analysis of the systems
* Assess whether technical analysis meets the functional requirements.
* Take the final responsibility for the quality of the technical phase and thus ensure the development of a manageable system that meets the standards and can integrated into the landscape of existing IT systems.
* Organize if necessary, review cycle(s) with appropriate parties.
* Adjust parameters/configuration in systems. For example for tarifications in our databases
4. Compliance with Standards
* Work in line with the standards that apply within the company, actively monitor the implementation of standards to develop applications in a uniform way.
5. Project follow-up
* Deliver workload estimates for writing out both Functional and Technical Analysis, based upon high-level requirements.
* Deliver workload estimates for Build & Unit Testing en System Testing (incl System Integration Testing)
* Ensure the follow-up of several project phases eg able in leading daily meetings when working in sprints (scrums) during the Solution Design phase or able in acting as Scrum Master's substitute where required.
* Support the project management and planning so that the project is in line with the agreed standards, keeping in mind the priority, budget, desired completion date and relevance.
* Participate to any project phase where required eg key actor in testing phases (System testing, Uat, etc.) by analysing defects and providing solutions.
* Act as a key actor on projects together with the Project Manager, Scrum Master and Test Coordinator along all projects.
*Dutch/French: native/fluent language with a good knowledge of the other language.
English: good knowledge.
If you are the Solution Analyst my client is looking for, do not delay in sending your CV. My client is looking to interview ASAP.
Location: Brussels Belgium
Contract: Initially to end of the year with likely extension to end of next year and beyond!