Posted on Nov 6, 2020 by Simpson Booth Ltd.
We are looking for an experienced Cloud Data Architect. This is a temporary role (until 2022) supporting a major IT business consultancy in Spain. The company was founded 26 years ago and has continued to grow exponentially ever since. They are now looking for a solutions architect with experience microservices architecture as well as demonstrable exposure to technologies such as Docker and cloud-based technologies such as AWS.
What will you do?
In partnership with other leaders in the company, you will focus on delivering cloud solutions using AWS, Azure and as a key member of Architecture group, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on public cloud.
- Participate in the design of the infrastructure and services.
- Develop the tools required to automatically deploy, update, and monitor the infrastructure.
- Develop code for extensive infrastructure testing.
- Manage continuous deployment and configuration management.
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the public cloud solutions architect community
- Understanding of cloud offerings, cloud technologies, and experience with Azure and AWS
Our Ideal Cloud Architect Will Include
- 10+ years of overall experience, to include a minimum of 5 years of enterprise, full-life cycle in Architecture in the professional IT/Software Development services industry
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure-as-a-service platforms (eg Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack
- Hands-on experience with related/complementary open source software platforms and languages (eg Java, Apache, Python, Scala)
- Direct experience migrating applications from the enterprise to public cloud providers (eg Amazon, Google, or Microsoft)
- Experience helping development teams build and deploy microservices based applications in public cloud.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and other Container Orchestration and API exposure platforms.
- Creative and analytical problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to learn new information quickly
- Desirable experience with Java microservices