Senior DevOps Engineer - Dutch Speaking
Posted on Nov 6, 2020 by ComTech Europe Limited
My client a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry is looking for an experienced Senior DevOps Engineer.
In the Engineering IT Software department we provide the development environment for large groups of software developers (>2000). These developers work on the software that controls our high-tech machines. Next to continuous enhancement of the existing environment we are implementing a new set of state-of-the-art off-the-shelf tools (eg source control management, software build and pipeline management, artifact storage, etc.). We are expanding our teams to be able to deliver both the required enhancements and the new environment, and we are looking for senior DevOps Engineers to complement the teams.
Implement and extend our software development environment (mostly C/C++/Python), in a blend of existing and new tooling.
As a DevOps Engineer you will be further developing the development environment as a member of an Agile team. With the team, you will be responsible for implementing new features, fixing issues and supporting users of the environment. You will closely collaborate with teams inside and outside of the ART to deliver a stable and usable product.
- Further develop, implement and migrate DevOps processes and products
- Automating software build, test and integration processes
- Automating deployment, monitoring and IT management processes
- Develop and implement monitoring tools and platforms
- Design and build Docker/Kubernetes platforms
- Design and develop deployment environments for C/C++/Python/etc.
- Automate processes for security and compliance requirements
- Migrate existing pipelines to cloud (ready) pipelines
- Advise on the usage of DevOps products and services
- At least 3 years' experience with Linux and similar open source technologies.
- Thorough knowledge of one or more Scripting languages as Python, Ruby, Bash, Powershell.
- Basic knowledge of Object Oriented software languages as Java and C#.
- Experience with git or git based source control systems (Bitbucket, GitHub, GitLab).
- Experience with CI/CD tooling like Jenkins, Travis, Bamboo, Artifactory, AWS Codebuild.
- Experience with Gradle (Groovy, Java)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools like Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible or equivalent tooling.
- Experience with container technology, eg Docker Swarm, Kubernetes.
- Experience with Scrum/Kanban/SAFe methodologies, including the appropriate tooling (eg Jira).
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary teams.
- Bonus: Experience with make based build systems.
- Bonus: Experience with DevOps technology from Cloud providers as Azure, Google, AWS.
- Bonus: Knowledge of classical network technologies as IP Networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing and Firewalling.
- Bonus: Experience with ASML software development
- Proactive personality
- A quick and eager learner of unfamiliar tools and technologies
- Has a drive towards analysing and solving problems
- Is pragmatic, but prefers quality over quick fixes
- Feels comfortable working in a complex environment
- Has the agile mindset
- Can be a DevOps key player
- Has excellent communication skills
- Fluent Dutch and English speaker.