Backend Developer Remote 90%
Posted on Nov 6, 2020 by TALENT - IT
Must Live in Belgium
As a PHP developer you are working in a team of Back End developers and being responsible for extending and improving our Back End system written in PHP. A PHP developer also extends various APIs and interfaces to other products like mobile apps, photo services, and special search solutions. He/she writes interfaces to 3rd party APIs for imports, exports or connecting to financing providers and lead providers. Another important part is writing and improving of our unit tests to achieve the highest possible software quality.
Key Performance Criteria
- Excellent English writing and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Object Oriented PHP development.
- Deep knowledge of database systems such as MySQL or any other SQL related database.
- Deep knowledge in test driven development.
- Deep knowledge working with GIT as source management system.
- Knowledge of common PHP frameworks like ZEND, Laravel or Symfony.
- Experience working with Docker or virtual machines is very beneficial.
- Experience with agile working tools like Atlassian JIRA or CONFLUENCE.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities (max. 12 points)
- Extending and improving our Back End system written in PHP.
- Writing of interfaces to 3rd party APIs for imports, exports or connecting to financing providers and lead providers.
- Extending and improving unit tests to achieve the highest possible software quality.
- Takes care of analysing tasks for upcoming projects
- Supports onboarding of other team members
- Support our various developer teams around the globe
- Refines or extends documentation in our internal WIKI system
- Developing and extending APIs and interfaces to other products like mobile apps, photo services, and special search solutions.
Qualification/Education & ExperiencePossible alternative Qualification/Experience
- Successfully completed degree in computer science
- Extensive experience in object-oriented PHP software development
- Proficient in PHP frameworks (Zend, Doctrine)
- Fundamental knowledge of databases, Internet standards and protocols
- Experience in test driven development and programming/implementation of Unit Tests with focus on PHP Unit
- Excellent English knowledge, both written and spoken
- Fundamental knowledge of UML and the application of design patterns of advantage
- Preferable experience working with Docker and Linux and Apache Web server
- Training as an IT specialist for development of applications