IT Security Architect
Posted on Nov 6, 2020 by Beacon Hill Staffing Group
- Leads the security review process and makes formal recommendations for new and existing technologies.
- This role will be the subject matter and technical expert responsible for vulnerability management, privileged account management, end point protection, email filtering, threat prevention and detection, incident response, threat intelligence, security vendor management (and working with outside vendors on security assessments and penetration testing), and responding to a centralized security information and event management system (that is externally managed).
- Identifies and evaluates potential threats and vulnerabilities (either detected internally or publicly announced) that could impact the company's applications or infrastructure and recommends mitigating controls to reduce the companies risk.
- Responsible to detect and respond to security events and is the Security Team Incident Response technical lead.
- Continues to increase the security posture of the company by leveraging the enterprise Security Event and Incident Management tools (SIEM), perimeter email defense, vulnerability management platform, anti-virus, intrusion detection, and password/account management solutions.
- Leads the recovery of our security solutions in the annual Disaster Recovery Test.
- Must have the ability to solve complex problems by analysing, designing, and implementing cost-effective solutions according to user specifications.
- A commitment to maintain and enhance their extensive knowledge and understanding of information security, risk management and regulatory compliance topics. Maintains professional/technical currency of information security knowledge.
- Lead for the security information and event management process for all monitoring, logging, alerting, auditing and reporting on threats, vulnerabilities and breaches. Working with managed service provider, determine the appropriate thresholds and monitor the environment for anomalous behavior.
- Drives assessments of the business compliance to information security policy in the areas of manual or automated processes, procedures and access control.
- Modifies and recommends security systems to accommodate additional service needs or required changes.
- Leads efforts with internal and external audit to ensure security standards and practices meet requirements.
- Performs additional duties as directed by the Manager Security Services, Director Enterprise Services, and Chief Information Officer.
- Delegates tasks and provides support for other team members as required.
- Ability to respond to emergency service calls at any time outside of normally assigned work hours.
- Willingness to travel up to 10% and be flexible to work various hours to accommodate international business needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or an equivalent degree.
- Certification in one or more of the following areas:
- CISSP, GSE, GCED, GPPA, GCIA, GRID, GCIP, GDAT, GMON, GDSA, GCIH, GEVA, SCYBER, CNDA
- Manufacturing industry experience is preferred
- 10+ years of security experience within a corporate IT environment.
- Experience with vulnerability management toolsets, hacking toolsets, and security information and event management systems (Qualys, Tenable, and AlienVault highly preferred). Past experience developing dashboards and reports to measure the company's security posture.
- Experience managing and maintaining end point protection and application security platforms (Cylance, SCCM, DefendPoint, and highly preferred).
- Experience with managing a privileged account management solution (CyberArk highly desired).
- Previous experience with administering email filtering and threat prevention modules (ProofPoint highly preferred).
- Experience leading a threat detection and incident response program.
- High level of security vendor management experience and the ability to work with these vendors on security assessments and penetration testing.
- Familiarity with the following technologies: Identity Management and authentication platforms, authorization, password and privilege management, access control, next generation Firewalls (Palo Alto), virtual private networking, and computer network defense, Firewall and Router configuration, Switches, secure network architecture, PKI, IPSEC, SSL, SSH, SMTP, FTP, WAN, Radius, F5, Sniffer technologies, modern Windows Operating Systems (2012-19/, 7-10), modern Linux based Operating Systems (Red Hat, Oracle Linux), Vulnerability Management platforms (Qualys), Office 365, Active Directory, LDAP.
- Expert level ability to diagnose/troubleshoot on various security technologies.
- Familiarity with securing ISC or SCADA systems a plus.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with and understand the needs of non-technical constituents, both internal and external.
- Demonstrated experience being a technical lead on projects.
- Ability to research, prepare, and present cost estimates, budget reports, capacity forecasting, and systems upgrade recommendations.
- Ability to read and expertly interpret technical documents and procedure manuals.
- Strong interpersonal skills, oral communication skills, and proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- The ability to work independently, with little guidance.
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries on a contract, direct (permanent), contract-to-direct and project basis. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Life Sciences and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting the website.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.