Senior Business Development Manager - Smart Cities & Places
Posted on Nov 6, 2020 by Igloo3
Senior Business Development Manager - Public Sector Smart Cities, London / Reading / Home Based Competitive base salary 65,000 - 72,000, car allowance, annual bonus + attractive benefits.
This is an exciting opportunity with a market-leading integrated energy firm who are investing heavily and growing their smart cities & places capabilities.
You'll play a key role in taking a 'whole system thinking' approach to future decarbonisation of cites with smart local energy systems and the integration of IoT technologies.
We're looking for a high calibre senior business development professional with a broad understanding of distributed energy systems, and an appreciation of IoT and applicable platform / communication capabilities.
Your primary focus will be on building and executing multiple targets, primarily in local government and the public sector.
You will be responsible for identifying opportunities, managing client and wider stakeholder relationships and closing deals, supporting bid and development teams to secure contracts and partnerships with target public and private sector organisations.
Essential skills & experience
* Significant business development experience within both the energy sector and the public sector.
* Proven experience securing business with smart and/or local energy systems in cities or large estates.
* Deep knowledge of distributed energy technologies and understanding of IoT.
* Political aware and can demonstrate influencing a public sector stakeholder group including elected members and associated organisation i.e. City LEP's.
* Excellent understanding of EU and UK policy frameworks as they apply to heat, energy, carbon and energy systems.
* Sound judgement - with the ability to interpret, analyse and disseminate complex, sensitive information.
* Experience of solution / consultative selling and building bespoke value propositions with customers across a complex range of technology and solutions.
* Experience communicating complicated projects internally to gain approval through governance processes.
Competitive base salary in the range 65,000 - 72,000 per annum, car or cash allowance, annual bonus, nice additional benefits, flexible working (full time 37 hours)
Closing date is 13th November although it may be possible to consider high quality applications after this date.