Software Developer Team Lead (.Net Stack/Java)
Posted on Nov 6, 2020 by Easton Haines Consultancy
Software Developer (Team Lead) - .NET Stack/Jaa
About the role
This is a brand-new role which has been created due to the successful expansion of this established Development team.
The successful Lead Developer will be responsible for leading a team of 10 in the development, implementation and maintenance of bespoke technical solutions; ensuring that the solutions are delivered on time and fit for purpose.
You will be responsible for ensuring performance, motivation and discipline are high, taking the appropriate action where this is not achieved.
You will also ensure that the development team produces high quality products, adhering to the required standards, performing quality reviews where required.
You must be able to demonstrate strategic thinking to support the growth of the bespoke development team
You will also have the opportunity to remain involved in a certain amount of hands-on development.
.Net stack, Java, Spring Boot and MS SQL Server experience required alongside:
- Highly developed communication skills - excellent written and oral communication skills, with an attention to detail, to be able to communicate with stakeholders of various seniority,
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to help build and maintain valuable relationships within all business areas.
- The confidence and ability to motivate and inspire a team to achieve a set of objectives
- Possess high level of analysis, logical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- The ability to prioritise work and the organisation skills to effectively manage the development teams time according to those priorities.
- The ability to work to challenging delivery deadlines, in a high-pressure environment and doing so without compromising quality.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team and individually to achieve set goals
- The ability to accept constructive feedback in a positive manner with a view to continuous improvement.
- The ability to take a holistic view of change and suggest areas for improvement.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism at all times.
- Commercial awareness with the ability to frame ideas in a business-friendly manner.
A good mix of the following attributes would also be advantageous
- Extensive knowledge and experience of delivering bespoke technical solutions, preferably with a qualification in development or systems integration technology (eg MCSD)
- Previous experience of working in a variety of delivery methodologies including delivery in an agile environment (eg SCRUM and Kanban).
- Previous exposure to a DevOps delivery culture including Maven, Jenkins and DevOps Azure technologies.
- Previous experience of working in an insurance environment
- Previous experience of a lead role within a software delivery environment.
In return you will receive an extremely competitive salary alongside an excellent benefits package and a great working environment.
Please apply either by using the link provided or by emailing your CV direct to me. Alternatively, you can call for more information on the number shown below.
Easton Haines Consultancy is a specialist recruitment business for the IT industry. No terminology in the advertisement is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies, we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary or contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment business.
Please note that, unfortunately, due to the high level of applications, we are only able to respond to those candidates whose CVs match the job requirements.