Firewall Engineer - SC Cleared (Palo Alto Firewalls & Threat Preventio
Posted on Nov 5, 2020 by Synergize Consulting Ltd
Our client, a European IT Outsourcing Organisation, are currently seeking experienced Firewall Engineer to work on a contract basis. Initially the contract will be Approx. 3 months in duration (450 hours) and the successful candidate will be based at the customers busy and secure site in Belgium.
Due to the nature of our clients work, the role requires the successful applicant to hold security clearance either NATO Secret or SC Clearance level or be will and able to undergo the Vetting process to achieve this.
- Under the direction of Section Head, Gateway Security Services, the Level 3 Firewall Engineer will perform duties such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Support primarily the centrally delivered elements of the MARCOM local SLA, but also the
- Centralised SLA activities in all areas of network and security devices, such a
- Central administration of Boundary Protection and Gateway services
- System staging and configuration
- Firewall policy development
- Management, maintenance and configuration of appliances and software applications for
- Gateway Security systems, including network security devices such as Firewalls and data
- diodes to ensure continuing functionality and availability.
- Provide technical support in troubleshooting infrastructure and operational issues and
- collaborating with other teams for a successful resolution;
- Perform the analysis, design, implementation and maintenance of authorised changes,
- related to Gateway Security Systems and the integration/tailoring of vendor supplied
- components, following established procedures for quality, configuration control, testing,
- documentation and security;
- Collaborate with the Infrastructure Management and other Cyber Security teams
- Provide assistance to Incident Handlers to identify and remediate security incidents
- Review security documentation and provide technical advice, when requested
- Performs other duties as may be required.
- Essential to have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar related discipline combined with a minimum of 5 years' experience as Security Analyst or Engineer or similar position involving Technical ICT Engineering knowledge, or a Secondary education and completed advanced vocational education (loading to a professional qualification or professional accreditation) with 7 years post related experience.
- Previous experience and detailed knowledge of the MARCOM infrastructure design and service operations.
- Very good experience with Palo Alto Networks Firewalls and enterprise-scale management (Panorama)
- Strong experience and knowledge of deploying Palo Alto Network Threat Prevention on Enterprise level.
- Very Good experience and knowledge of Computer and Networks Security principles and procedures and technologies.
- Troubleshooting of Linux and/or Windows infrastructures
- Strong knowledge and experience of Boundaries Protections Devices
- Strong experience and technical knowledge on wide and local area networks and components (Switches, Routers)
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles of computer and communication
- security, LAN/WAN networking including protocol network architecture, and the vulnerabilities of modern operating systems and applications
- Good experience in troubleshooting TCP/IP Networks to identify problems.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and services.
- Excellent communication abilities, both written and verbal, with the ability to clearly and successfully articulate complex issues to a variety of audiences and teams
- Knowledge of DNS, mail, web Servers/proxies, mail guards
- Software engineering including programming and/or Scripting knowledge (python, Shell Scripting, PowerShell).
- Industry leading certification in the area of Cybersecurity such as CISSP, CISM, MCSE/S, CISA, GSNA, SANS GIAC.
- A solid understanding of Information Security Practices; relating to the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of information (CIA triad.)
- Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements.