DISTRIBUTED COMPUTING INFRASTRUCTURE ARCHITECT - REMOTE
Posted on Nov 5, 2020 by Global Enterprise Partners
Global Enterprise Partners is currently looking for a Distributed Computing Infrastructure Architect for a LONG term contract with our client in the Netherlands (remote)
You will be working with the architect's and development teams in the virtual compute platform (VCP). This platform is developed inside the company to host compute and analytics applications that aim to improve the yield in the factories of our customers.
These applications take data from scanners and yield star equipment. They combine this data to Real Time production corrections and scanner process diagnostics. The corrections are sent back to the production equipment. Failure of the platform would mean failure of the customers (tsmc, Samsung, Intel etc.) production facility.
The platform is currently developed based on DC/OS (Apache Mesos). We develop the platform aspects in our team. Scheduling of resources, containerization, fail-over and data collection from scanner and measurement devices inside the fab are key properties of the platform layer. Uptime is business critical.
Installation and upgrade runs through Ansible. Other technologies used now or in the future are Spark for data processing, Kafka for notifications and high volume data ingestion, HDFS, HBase, MongoDB for data storage.
Responsibilities of the Distributed Computing Infrastructure Architect
- Write clean, easy to maintain code
- Do good code reviews (thorough, yet supportive)
- Mentor the team, helping them grow, improve how the team works
- Take end-to-end ownership of features (requirements, design documents, test strategy, qualification). In short, make ship run mindset.
- Call out risks on projects you work; understand trade-offs; present to your peers
- Prove there's a problem before you devise a solution
- Be a partner to Product & Engineering managers; explain the complexities of the infrastructure in the best way possible to help senior management set the right priorities
- Stay up-to-date with technology trends outside the company and maintain technical roadmap.
- The need for update and upgrades of third party components is obvious to you but you do understand the complexity this brings to N platform installations worldwide.
- Scale and tune different platform capabilities for better performance, reliability, and throughput.
- Troubleshoot critical production issues and provide technical insights.
Highly valued qualifications & experiences
-Experience with DC/OS and/or K8S;
-Experience with new technology downtime including data migration
-Fan of automatic testing and qualification.
-Available to work (remotely) outside regular office hours when it proves that attempt to build a fail-safe system was not yet successful. We really want this to be an exception, not a rule
-Masters degree in computer science or similar.
Are you interested in the above and do you meet the requirements? Please reach out or call.