Commercial Director - Fintech
Posted on Nov 4, 2020 by SBC Recruitment
We are looking for a proven Commercial Director to join one the world leaders in Blockchain.
Their clients include some of the largest enterprises across financial services, Fintech, manufacturing, iGaming, and supply chain.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to be at the heart of executing an exciting and ambitious growth strategy that will shake the foundations of global business as blockchain adoption goes from niche technology to mainstream infrastructure.
The Commercial Director will be responsible for defining and executing our commercial strategy, growing our business development team and helping to position our products within the market, which will be key in supporting our pivot to a more product-focused organisation.
Defining and executing on commercial initiatives, such as pricing, structuring and negotiating commercial deals, competitor/market analysis, developing strategic partnerships and supporting the rollout of our products to the market will be a key responsibility of the role, as will developing the other members of the business development team, and coordinating all commercial activities across the organisation.
This role will suit an individual who has experience in scaling and growing teams and has demonstrable experience in supporting the growth ambitions of a product-focused organisation.
Commercial Director Responsibilities:
Strategy & Leadership
- Present monthly progress reports on commercial activities to Director of Product & Sales.Work with product managers and owners to decide how to create product positioning and messaging.
- Be responsible for the line management of a team pricing, partnerships, and business development.
- Be responsible for commercial budget planning and ongoing budget management
Partnerships, Business Development and Sales
- Develop commercial and strategic partnerships to support the deployment of our core product offerings into the market for our key verticals and territories
- Support and lead a high functioning commercial and business development function and owning the end to end customer journey from initial B2B sales and/or B2BC (Strategic Solutions) through to customer success and relationship management
- Develop the commercial sales plans, looking at scaling into new territories ensuring that we have sustainable, robust and agile partnership and sales models to support our growth ambitions
- Identify new potential integration and delivery partners across our key industries and markets
- Implement new customer acquisition strategies to support roll out into new markets and territories
- Ensure we structure and negotiate commercial deals to maximise our revenue opportunities
- Take the lead on managing strategic client relationships ensuring that the leadership team are kept informed of market opportunities and business development
Pricing, Market and Competitor Analysis
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining the pricing models across our core product offerings
- Develop mechanism to test, validate and compare pricing against competitors and market leaders
- Develop a framework that supports pricing for B2B and B2BC (Strategic Solutions)
- Perform market research and analyse threats and opportunities that exist in our priority verticals/markets
- Keep up to date with new trends and developments that may impact our commercial or business development strategies
What We Are Looking For
- 10+ years' experience in managing commercial and business development teams
- Experience in working across finance, technology, or start-ups/scale-ups
- Exceptional management and people skills and experience in managing cross-functional teams
- Exceptional writing and communicative skills
- A fundamental understanding of or interest in blockchain technology and solutions
- A track record of managing and developing individuals and teams
- Demonstrated experience of business growth through the effective implementation of commercial, business development and sales strategies
- Experience in engaging with c-level stakeholders and external parties
Should you have the skills and experience for this position please apply ASAP.