Senior Desktop Specialist
Posted on Nov 4, 2020 by The Pensions Regulator
TPR is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
A Senior Desktop Specialist who works as part of the IT & Customer Services Team within the Corporate Services directorate. As part of this team the senior specialist will be responsible for providing dedicated 2nd & 3rd line support to 850+ users in the Brighton office and remote users.
The key support areas are: Laptops, Desktops, Telephony, Patching, Application Delivery and Support using Microsoft Intune, SCCM and similar enterprise level technologies.
- Develop and maintain desktop & laptop builds, along with associated monthly patching schedules via MS SCCM / MS Intune & GPO Management
- Manage the updates to Windows 10 and associated O365 Office products.
- Manage the deployment of non Microsoft applications such as Adobe, Chrome and Firefox.
- Develop MI as required for software update reports, software and hardware asset tracking and more.
- Working with the Desktop Engineer, take ownership of the laptop & desktop build process, ensuring it is managed to best practice and built to meet TPR's standard build policy.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Demonstrable experience with MS SCCM (or Microsoft Endpoint Manager) & MS Intune - Build, Patching and Application Deployment.
- Extensive hands on support experience of supporting Windows 10 and the O365 Office suite of programmes
- Good working knowledge of Lenovo laptop hardware
- ITIL V3/V4 Foundation certified with experience of working within OSA, SLA, Change Control
- Extensive experience of Active Directory, MS Exchange, Group Policies, DHCP/DNS.
- Working knowledge and administration of Hyper-V virtual technologies and environments
- Good knowledge of Apple devices
- Proactive and flexible
- Can do approach
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative
- Negotiating skills
- Calm under pressure
- Problem solving and analytical skills
Salary and benefits
As well as a starting salary of £33,057, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton.
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
The Pensions Regulator is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual's age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the BME and LGBT communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Closing date: 15 November 2020
Please send your CV to along with a covering letter by clicking the APPLY button ,quoting ref 1867 with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria and details of your notice period.
Please be aware we are currently holding interviews through Skype due to COVID-19.
Employees within their first 12 months of employment who want to apply for this vacancy should first contact their line manager to discuss their application.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process.