Posted on Nov 4, 2020 by kYMIRA
Kymira® is one of the world's leading smart textile companies and a multi-award-winning innovator - developing products and technologies that help, change, and ultimately save people's lives. Our goal is to save or positively impact 1,000,000 or more lives by 2030 and become a globally recognised brand, solidifying our position as the global leader in the smart garment and textile industries.
The team strive to solve and improve large societal issues and are working in partnership with leading institutions such as the European Space Agency, Innovate UK, Universities, and the NHS, to research cutting edge technologies and e-textiles. The company works within the Medical, Sport, Defence and Space verticals, across B2B and consumer markets. By blending technology with biology in perfect synergy, we are able to release and enhance human ability.
Kymira products are used by Olympic athletes, elite teams, and recreational athletes alike, even world record explorers! This is alongside Medical professionals, patients, and research institutions. Profits from sales are reinvested into new medical research, as we strive for a healthier and safer tomorrow.
At KYMIRA, our goal is to improve lives through our products. It is the reason we do what we do, and it motivates us every day. We are looking for a product owner, who is equally passionate about improving the lives of others, to drive and direct the delivery of our garments and next generation of products.
You will lead and manage the KYMIRA product suite. Whether planning and delivering improvements to existing garments, or driving new life-impacting innovations, you will be responsible for managing the end-to-end delivery of our products. As a senior position within the company, you will have a strategic mindset, guiding our product development and delivery in line with our long-term company objectives, while communicating this clearly to all stakeholders.
Collaborate. Working with our talented department heads to define, manage, and deliver the product strategy and comprehensive product roadmap in line with our company strategy.
- You will promote the voice of the customer, balancing with business needs to maintain the product roadmap and prioritisation.
Design. You will appraise design ideas and specifications for both iterative product changes and new product concepts. You will also design and implement the processes necessary to achieve this.
Research and analyse. You will conduct in-depth market research and analysis, comprehensively understanding the dynamics of the markets we operate in, being an expert in the needs of our customers.
Coordinate. When the time comes for product release, you will work with Marketing, Business Development, and other relevant functions, to provide the information and data to inform the team's strategy, ensuring everyone is aware of the fantastic product being brought to market!
Strategize. As a senior team member, you will, along with the rest of the management team, contribute to the strategic direction of the company.
Be a storyteller. You will keep stakeholders informed, articulating the story of your product and its progress.
Always experimenting! We are a company that designs, creates, and develops the smart garments of tomorrow. We need someone who will feel right at home in this environment and who will bring their own fresh ideas to the table!
Level-headed. You make balanced, well-informed decisions under pressure. Even if these decisions involve saying 'no'!
Confident communicating with, and managing the expectations of, internal and external stakeholders of all levels. We need someone to clearly explain our product roadmap and vision far and wide, engaging listeners in the KYMIRA story.
Someone who thrives in a high-paced and agile SME environment.
Effective either working alone, or as part of a team.
Passionate about designing and delivering products that positively impact lives. This is what it comes down to for us. Improving lives. We need you to drive the products that achieve this.
Comfortable in a position of responsibility. KYMIRA is a young, rapidly growing company that needs an outstanding product owner to come in and take charge of our product portfolio, acting as the first point of contact for anything product related.
- 2-3 years' experience in product ownership, in a technology-based industry.
- A proven track record of designing and then implementing product roadmaps, interpreting company strategy while doing so.
- Experience in owning products in highly regulated fields, through the whole product lifecycle, conception through to market release.
- Experience successfully and concurrently managing multiple product lifecycles, and iterations of products therein.
- The ability to conduct market analysis and lead user feedback sessions.
- Demonstrable ability to work as part of a management group, making strategic decisions that affect the whole company.
- Experience managing expectations of all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
Ideally, You Will Also Have...
- Regulatory processes and knowledge - ISO 9001, ISO 13485, EN 60601 and related.
- Experience of working within a commercial setting or clinical exposure to the NHS and/or private healthcare.
- Experience delivering FDA compliant products including knowledge around related medical device regulation (e.g. 21CFR820).
- Commercial awareness and knowledge of wearable MedTech trends.
- Formal Agile qualification(s).
- Exposure to quality management processes.
Remuneration and Benefits
- Annual salary of £35,000 - £40,000 DOE
- Employee options scheme after 1 years' service
- Flexible working
- Discounts on popular brands, thanks to our HR partner
- New starter credit and staff discounts on our products
- 28 days' annual leave, plus your birthday off!
- Desired Start Date: ASAP
- Main place of work: KYMIRA Head Office, Reading, Berkshire (with remote working options).
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£40k - £55k Annual
£45k - £55k Annual
£30k - £60k Annual
£45k - £55k Annual
£45k - £55k Annual
£450 - £500 Daily
£60k - £60k Annual
£38k - £42k Annual
£33k - £35k Annual
£55k - £60k Annual