Infrastructure Consultant - homebased
Posted on Nov 4, 2020 by GCI Com
Infrastructure Consultant required for one of the UK's fastest growing MSPs
Location: Home based with some occasional travel to meet Business needs
GCI is a leading Converged ICT Service Provider offering a suite of end-to-end ICT products and services (including IT support, unified communications, cloud, security and network/infrastructure services), helping organisations to benefit from digital transformation and holding multiple silver and gold certifications from Microsoft.
About the role -
We are looking to recruit an experienced Infrastructure Consultant to join our Technical Consultancy department to work alongside our Business Consulting Director to provide a high-quality service to the business's operations.
As a key member of the Technical Consultancy team you will be responsible for designing & delivering IT infrastructure solutions on time & budget. The role is field based with roughly a 50/50 split between home working and customer site. The consultant will work closely with the Project Manager to successfully deliver a concurrent project portfolio for GCI customers.
- Working closely with Presales, Sales, Project Management & Operations with responsibility for the detailed design of complex customer solutions for new and existing customers, illustrating a broad understanding of infrastructure technologies
- Leading the deployment of concurrent complex multi technology infrastructure solutions;
- Significant knowledge and experience of 80% of the below technologies, with supporting vendor certifications:
- Citrix: XenApp / XenDesktop / XenMobile / Netscaler;
- Microsoft: Windows / Server / OS / AD / ADFS / SQL / SCCM / O365 / Exchange / Azure;
- EMC: VNX SAN / DR / RecoverPoint;
- Fortinet: Fortigate firewalls (across the range) / Analyser / FortiMail;
- Cisco: Routing & Switching / ASA;
- HP: Routing & Switching / Aruba;
- Backup technologies / Symantec / Veeam / Carbonite SecureVault;
- Anti-virus technologies / Kaspersky / Trend;
- Virtualisation: VMware / Hyper-V / Zerto;
- Hardware installs: Routers / switches / WAP's / Firewalls / Servers / UPS;
- Enterprise mail & data migrations;
- IaaS / BaaS / DaaS.
- Produce LLD / DLD / HLD style documentation;
- Plan and manage own workload on a daily basis ;
- Ensures deadlines are met and projects delivered within agreed timescales;
- Prioritises workload effectively to ensure deadlines are met and customers are delighted;
- Respond and follow through on agreed actions and commitments;
- Troubleshooting of complex technical problems in the related technical competence areas;
- Identification of root cause and contribution to technical and operational corrective actions;
- The Consultant will be able to operate independently and effectively lead the deployment of complex solutions;
- Effectively manages stakeholder relationships and can influence key technical decisions both with the customer and internally to GCI;
- Mentor to secondary engineering resource allocated to their project.
What we'd like from you
To deliver the best for our customers, the people in Team GCI also need to be the best. Therefore, we are looking for a committed, motivated, and pro-active consultant, able to lead and take responsibility and ownership of issues/matters as well as being able to work as part of a team. The successful candidate will also demonstrate shared accountability with the project management function, achieve 100% utilisation and customer billing, deliver projects on time & budget, and adhere to change of scope procedure & department SOP's.
Other qualities specific to this role include:
- Customer facing experience with excellent written & verbal skills;
- Has a clear understanding and view of end to end project delivery;
- A track record of successful technical delivery and of developing and maintaining relationships;
- Knowledge of ticketing & time entry creation elements of ServiceNow or similar service management system;
- An understanding of the managed services environment is an advantage;
- Exceptional documentation skills adapting style from asset capture through to design documentation and sales proposals;
- Is well organised and able to multitask effectively;
- Has excellent attention to detail ;
- Able to present ideas and facts in a convincing way, gaining commitment and support ;
- Influences others and can change opinions and influence the outcome of decisions;
- Strong persuasive skills and the ability to share a common goal, gaining buy in and commitment; from peers and management across the business;
- Establish personal credibility based upon demonstrable added value within the area of specialism
- Ability to build rapport and empathy with customers;
- Builds credibility, respect and trust with other technical resources, heads of dept and company-wide internal teams;
- Commercially strong with demonstrable customer management skills.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of Team GCI, then do not hesitate to apply now!
What you can expect from us in return
At GCI, we think it is important to look after our employees. In addition to a competitive salary, supportive teams, and real chance to progress your career, we offer a range of benefits which include:
Holiday: 25 days' holiday;
Flexible working: It is important to maintain a healthy work/life balance. GCI will consider any written request for flexible working;
Virtual working: We practice what we preach and empower our people to work virtually;
Top tech: We do not just keep our services and solutions for our customers. That means best-of-breed software and hardware for all our staff;
Life assurance: Employees receive life assurance cover of 4x their annual salary, to be paid to a nominated next of kin in the event of death;
Health cash plan: All staff are eligible for our health cash plan, which includes money back for optical and dental treatments;
Retail discounts and other perks: A "thanks" from GCI for a job well done, this scheme offers freebies and discounts for hundreds of major brands.
Why choose a career with GCI?
At GCI, we have several goals. We are one of the UK's fastest-growing MSPs and want to continue to keep growing. We are a leading Converged ICT Services Provider and want to keep expanding our product portfolio and customer base. But most importantly of all, we want to continue to provide the very best technological solutions to our customers in order to help them achieve digital transformation. And underpinning this is more than 500 talented professionals whose hard work is recognised and rewarded accordingly.
GCI recognises the importance in creating an environment that supports personal development to enable individuals to reach their full potential. With so many varied roles across the company, an excellent Apprenticeship Scheme and various training and development programmes available, at GCI the opportunities for growth are endless.
A note for agencies
GCI have a world-class, in-house Recruitment Team who work hard to successfully find the very best candidates. Therefore, unfortunately we cannot accept any agency submissions for any of our roles.