6 Month Contract - Audio Visual VTC Engineer - Belgium based
Posted on Nov 4, 2020 by Synergize Consulting Ltd
Our client are currently seeking a VTC Engineer to work on an initial 6 Month Contract (view to extend) based in Belgium.
Applicants must hold live SC Security Clearance (due to timescale).
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A proven track record of effective communication with high level executive customers
- The ability to work with minimal direction to manage all aspects of collaboration services
- Ability to troubleshoot technical solutions on the fly in tense situations
- Experience with other collaboration platforms and how they interact with video teleconference (VTC) configuration, such as Microsoft Teams, WebEx and Zoom
- Hands-on technical experience installing, administering and upgrading Crestron automation components that control Cisco and/or Polycom VTC endpoints, and associated equipment in conference rooms (eg screens, touch panels, video inputs, etc).
- Setup, test, operate, and tear down audio/visual and VTC equipment; (eg VTC carts, microphones, audio mixers, video Switches, speakers, laptop computers for presentation, etc.)
- Provide technical consultation and act as lead contact for all videoconferencing operations and maintenance
- Execute all aspects of videoconferencing including call setup, end-user training, troubleshooting, and follow through on escalation of trouble incidents occurring during calls.
- Provide tier-3 support for all video conferencing infrastructure and endpoints (TMS, TCS, MCUs, VCS, and SX/MX/EX/C-series codecs)
- Provide project management for the installation of new VTC equipment
- Perform engineering analysis of requirements for VTC support and provide recommendations of preferred solutions that optimize engineering, management, and cost parameters
- Create and modify user documentation and standard operation procedures (SOPs) as required
- Solid understanding of network infrastructure running SIP, H.323, RTP, H.264, and related protocols associated with video conferencing
- This position reports to the enterprise network architect and will be called upon to work as part of a team leading the enterprise forward with the integration of the latest collaboration technologies, interconnecting Cisco Video & VoIP systems with third-party systems.
- Familiarity with trends inside the video conferencing industry
- Expert level technical knowledge of Cisco telepresence products
- Recent experience troubleshooting video problems in an enterprise or service provider environment under short time constraints involving complex networks spanning multiple Firewalls and different geographic locations is a big plus.
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years professional experience implementing, troubleshooting, and documenting converged networks interconnecting Cisco, Tandberg and/or Polycom VTC endpoints, gateways, and conferencing bridge products