Lead Devops Engineer
Posted on Nov 4, 2020 by Brookwood
Lead DevOps Engineers Required - South Netherlands.
Our client a Dutch Software consultancy company, specialising in large-scale cloud development striving to become the most well-known tech house in the Netherlands are seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer.
As a Lead DevOps Engineer you will be responsible to help our client's infrastructure teams with the design, development and delivery of their infrastructure which is used by their departments of software developers.You will be part of an Agile team, where you get to design, develop, deliver and automate services.
You will interact with domain architects on guidelines and approach, and with end-users and co-developing teams to share your expert knowledge on infrastructure.
As you are empowered to make autonomous decision with your team on clients' site, and challenge product owners to maintain a healthy balance between state-of-the-art technology, security, performance, and stability.
As consultants you are customer focused, representable and accustomed to context switching environments. You have a can-do mentality, result-oriented and have the desire to complete challenging tasks and learn on the go.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- You have 7+ years of work experience as a Linux engineer.
- You have thorough experience as a DevOps Engineer, preferably lead positions.
- Minimally a Bachelor in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related fields.
- Well acquainted with software development and have relevant proven experience in large technical complex environments.
- You have an automation/config management mindset.
- You have experience with puppet
- You are familiar with other automation tools, such as Ansible, Terraform, Rundeck, Jenkins and Packer.
- You have good understanding of basic infrastructure elements, such as networking (Switches, Firewalls, load balancing), DNS, DHCP, Directory Services, database and storage solutions.
- You have knowledge on container concepts and deployments (Rancher/Kubernetes is a pre)
- You have knowledge on cloud deployments (Azure/GCP is a pre)
- You have good command of the English language, both spoken and written.
Interview Process will be carried out in (5 Days) then quick hire process ready for 1st January start 2021 for the right candidate.
Full salary and relocation package to be discussed via the telephone