Field Engineer - Belgium
Posted on Nov 4, 2020 by LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
My client is recruiting for a Field Engineer to join a team in Belgium ASAP on a 12 month contract. Must be GOF4 and Elia AVIL/AVIP Certified.
As Field Engineer within Field Service Organisation your job is to work on Radio Sites in Belgium for mobile networks and perform Corrective Interventions and Preventive tasks.
This position is a temporary external resource for 1 year with an option to prolong the assignments.
The Field Engineer is responsible for conducting troubleshooting of 2G, 3G, LTE (and later 5G) on a base station (BTS) and performing required action to restore the services of the site or to perform preventive tasks. Knowledge of typical configuration and installation best practices across multiple BTS types of ZTE and HUAWEI and Ericsson Microwave equipment. Experienced in AC/DC power and battery systems, transmission equipment (Ethernet Backhaul, fiber equipment, typical configuration and installation of wireless radio site equipment, installation and troubleshooting methodology is a mandatory requirement for the job.
The ideal candidate worked previously in Belgium on Orange and/or Telenet networks.
You will be integrated in the field team North, Centre of South Region depending on your home location.
The scope includes Aerial Interventions which require climbing/rigging activities in towers and masts.
The Candidate must be flexible to work in an On Call schedule as needed.
* Receiving, handling, analysing and solving Work Orders for Radio Sites. Visiting the radio site within the required lead-time based on the Work Order assigned, execute the work as specified in the Work Order, updating the Work Order with the required information and close to Work Order accordingly. This will require quality of work and task completion with proper close out documentation for Radio Site visits.
* Executing the tasks assigned to you, troubleshooting the issues at the site, striving for the best solution, restoring the site within the shortest lead-time, clearing the incidents within the required due time and within SLA.
* Work closely with NOCs, Dispatching Teams and Service Desk, resolving the Radio Site issues in an efficient manner or, if applicable, trigger the appropriate actions with other stakeholders in order to complete the tasks.
* Depending on the experience of the engineer, the work relates to Radio Sites for Telenet or Orange networks or for both.
* Depending on the readiness of the engineer, the engineer will be integrated in the On Call schedule based in a rota weekly schedule (Mon-Mon). During this week On Call, the engineer shall be ready to perform urgent interventions 24h and the engineer will be freed from work during the daytime
* Multi Technology network equipment (RAN 2G/3G/LTE ZTE and/or HUAWEI, Ericsson micro wave, IP, modems, fiber installations). Scope will soon be extended to 5G technology.
* Be able to perform works on the aerial path which requires climbing in towers and mast.
* You shall have practical experience in installation or maintenance of radio site environment or civil related works.
* Handy person: small civil corrective and installation works on site environment: lockers, door issues, power cabinets, alarm cabling...
* You shall have a good understanding of Health and Safety at Work and First Aid; sufficient understanding of regulations, policies and procedures, specifically access procedure for radio sites
* Be fluent in English in speaking, reading and writing. Understanding of Dutch or French written and oral work instructions is an asset
* Customer focused, problem solving attitude and result-oriented.
* Team Player, Analytical, Persuasive and user-friendly communicator
* Excellent organisational skills
* GOF4 certified is a must to allow climbing in towers and masts.
* Elia AVIL/AVIP certified is a must
* Army clearance (Astrid) is an advantage. If not available, candidate shall be willing to acquire this certification as soon as being onboarded to Ericsson based on "document good conduct and morals" (certificat de bonne vie et moeurs) obtainable the city hall.
* Driving license cat B and has own van with loading space of 3000L to drive to the sites within Belgium territory
* You shall possess own craftsman toolbox to solve issues at the spot, which include the drilling machine, etc, to be able to repair locks.
* You shall possess a full set of climbing gear which is periodically checked and recently approved by a certified body. This will be checked when starting the assignment.
You shall have own mobile phone (Android based) and own voice and data subscription. Mobile phone shall be capable to take clear pictures to be used for uploading in the databases.
Ericsson will foresee a PC Windows based with the necessary software and software tools.
WFM software and other proprietary software and apps will be provided by Ericsson
Location: The candidate is supposed to work in the field in Belgium. Central office is located in Zaventem
Working Time: 40 hours per week
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015