Test Engineer (Automation)
Posted on Nov 2, 2020 by Zaizi
Zaizi is looking for a Test Engineer who will take ownership of the quality of our web applications. We need someone who will enjoy development of test automation suites, as well as creation of test cases and manual testing.
These are the expected objectives for this role. We are happy to discuss this further during the interview process and jointly agree it with the successful candidate.
- Design and build Automation, Web Services/API, Performance & Accessibility test frameworks with DevOps CI/CD.
- Manage, plan and perform exploratory and automation activities throughout the project
- Ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in our defect tracking system
- Own and manage the release process to deliver the product effectively.
- Work closely with developers and cross functional scrum team members to increase the test coverage and reduce the test bottlenecks.
- Update and maintain regression suites as the product evolves
- Work collaboratively and effectively in a DevOps way of working environment.
- Selenium with cucumber (BDD Framework) & or Nightwatch.js
- Postman/Soap UI
- Can work with cross functional teams and should have a Shift to left QA and DevOps mindset
- Continuous improvement used to work on environments where multiple releases to production are done in a day
- Empowers and helps developers to collaborate with test automation to prevent bottlenecks around QA
- Ability to prioritise the automation testing over the manual testing and search for solutions first instead of waiting for people
- Delivering test automation in agile and DevOps with CI/CD
- Test automation including functional (API, UI) and performance testing
- Experience working with reactive applications and cross browser/device testing.
- Customer facing (build good rapport)
- Excellent communication skills
Zaizi works with UK Central Government departments on a range of projects. To be able to work on our customer projects, employees must be Security Cleared to a standard acceptable to our Government customers. Due to this restriction we can currently only recruit candidates who have the right to work in the UK without sponsorship and who have lived in the UK for the last 5+ years continuously.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£30k - £30k Annual