BizDevOps - Infrastructure and Azure Cloud Engineer - 6-9 month contra
Posted on Nov 2, 2020 by infom consulting GmbH
We are looking for "Biz DevOps - Infrastructure and Azure Cloud Engineer (Tomcat, Linux, Azure) - 6-9 month contract (initial, multiple-year perspective) in Luxembourg (100% on-site after Covid19) to start from January 2021.
- Our client is an international TelCo and a great reference in any CV! English speaking environment.
- The start might be off-site because of Corona for some weeks (approx. til end of January 2021, tbc), but then the position will be on-site in Luxembourg.
This is a real longterm contract with possibility of extension based on performance and budget availability
BizDevOps - Infrastructure and Azure Cloud Engineer
- Manage Applications infrastructure and Servers (about 100 virtual machines)
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Definition and Implementation of work packages to support and maintain the Applications system architecture (software deployment, client rollout, )
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Fix issues with Applications deployments or configurations
- Support and execute migration of on-premise application landscape to Azure cloud
- Working on a wide variety of Azure projects (migration, containerization, transformation)
- Writing infrastructure as code (Azure Resource Manager, Terraform)
- On-Call support
- Second Level on-call support to assist the client teams on application or system issues outside office hours.
- Tomcat 7-9 experience
- Hands-on experience with Apache HTTP Server and NGNIX Load Balancing
- Must have experience building software in a CI/CD environment (Git/BitBucket, Jenkins, Nexus, Microsoft Azure DevOps, etc)
- Experience managing common Azure services (Virtual Machine, Database, Storage, Virtual Network, Azure Resource Manager, Azure Cloud services, etc)
- PostGreSQL hands-on experience, preferable with Azure PostGreSQL
- Jenkins preferred Experience building applications that run in Docker containers
- Operations or systems administration experience, particularly on Linux.
- At least two years of experience with Kubernetes and cloud deployment technologies
- Experience with container networking on Docker
- Experience with monitoring tools like Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog, etc.
- Experience with custom Kubernetes Operator will be a plus
- team skills (working closely together with developers and analysts) although in remote setup
- Microsoft Azure Certifications desired
- English fluent (spoken and written)
- The applicants attention is drawn to the important role that the curriculum vitae plays in the evaluation. Curriculum vitae shall illustrate the specific skills relevant to this request.
- We would like to receive CVs of suitable candidates together with pricing quotations, based on a daily net rate including travel costs for the services described for on-site in Rome and a rate for off-site work.
- Applicants must have an EU passport or a work permit for Luxembourg.
- Place of Work: 100% on-site, when Covid allows
infom consulting is an owner-managed business and consulting firm in Germany. The company supports large corporations and larger SMEs across Europe. Our IT experts are realising projects for the European Institutions, United Nations agencies, International Organisations and multinational companies across the EU.
NOTE. This would likely be initially remote for some weeks, with the expectation to work 100% onsite after the restrictions have been lifted.
If this sounds of interest, then please get in touch ASAP so we can talk about the role and your experience.