Layer 3 Network Security Engineer
Posted on Nov 1, 2020 by NP Group
Contract Assignment - L3 Network Security Engineer
Reference - 12624
Day Rate - Market Rates (Euro)
Duration - 6 months
Start Date - November
Location - Dublin - MUST BE BASED IN IRELAND
Must be a strong Network Engineer with Palo Alto experience, Firewall and remote access
Senior Security Network Engineer is required support major business and security project activities. EMEA region.
The ideal candidate will provide Senior technical support for network and security devices in region while also acting as 3rd line support to the operations teams.
Key Tasks & Accountabilities:
Reporting to EMEA head of networks as part of security networks delivery team. The primary responsibilities will include design and deployment of new network security devices, maintaining the stability, availability and system life cycle of all key security devices in region. Respond to incident escalation requirements from security tools and support SOC functions in region
- Ensure security by design principles
- Network solutions design and implementations
- administration, and monitoring
- Firewall policy creation
- Firewall base line security
- Monitoring and response device health
- Thread prevention countermeasures review
- Provide proactive fault management and vendor engagement
- DDI management
- Perimeter Hygiene
- Assisted in cyber security investigations
- 5-7 years professional experience managing enterprise network Security environments including 2 years of experience administrating in house and/or cloud based email security solutions.
- Qualified CISCO ASA Firewall Management to CCNP standard
- Qualified Checkpoint CCSA standard
- Knowledge managing NG Firewalls both physical and virtual.
- Knowledge managing remote users access in particular Palo Alto prisma Access(GPCS) platform
- In depth knowledge of Network Security Architecture
- Solid background in data networks and routing protocols
- ITIL v3 preferable but not essential
- Qualified or working towards certifications like CISSP or CISA.
- Good team player, and excellent communication skills.
- Self starter who can lead major initiatives and mentor less experienced teammates.
- Good understanding of IT Security practices, methodologies, tools mechanisms and trends.
- To be able to communicate and write high quality reports in English.
- Strong integrity and highly ethical
- Experience with administering, troubleshooting and configuring/implementation (Palo Alto/CISO/Checkpoint) Firewalls, Bluecat IPAM system
- Cisco networking CCNP level
- AWS/Azure fundamentals level knowledge
- Network/Design experience
- Software Experience - Windows OS/Junos/ScreenOS/IOS
- Good understanding of security operations and technologies.
- Experience with Security Assessments
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or related field is preferred but not required
- Vendor specific certifications are preferred, but not required, including: Qualified Palo Alto Management to PCNSE6
Networking People (UK) is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.