Trainer and Documentation specialist with experience in Drupal
Posted on Nov 1, 2020 by ESG Consulting
Our client is seeking a Trainer and Documentation specialist to be working with the team to train and support our client's departments to ensure their websites follow best content practices offered by their enterprise digital platform.
The best candidate will have experience in Drupal, a passion for delivering training (on-site and online), and experience writing and managing training documentation. This position is a resident training expert who will deliver technical training based on web best practices and conduct hands-on workshops.
- Deliver training courses for new and existing content managers on Drupal CMS and Siteimprove.
- Learn the ins and outs of creating and managing content on the Drupal platform.
- Understand and learn existing content developed for workshops and trainings to be capable of leading those trainings.
- Develop new training content to address any gaps identified in training opportunities.
- Manage all online training documentation ensuring it stays updated and relevant, providing the most accurate information to users.
- Strategically plan training courses and schedule courses throughout the year to ensure trainings are offered on a consistent basis.
- Ensure the client's site is updated with upcoming training opportunities and registration is available.
- Show understanding and empathy while assisting the Support Lead to help technical or content-related questions from content managers.
- Provide feedback on training opportunities and offer suggestions on ways our client can better serve departments content managers to improve soft skills and technical skills.
- Help agencies understand changes between Drupal 7 and Drupal 8 by providing additional one-on-one training or group trainings, as needed.
- Be comfortable leading and speaking in front of small to medium-size groups.
- The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in customer requirements gathering and documentation. Candidate must be organized and analytical, adept at working in a team environment, able to implement a project schedule, and be able to handle multiple priorities in a fast moving environment.
- 3+ years of experience in training and documentation management.
- Knowledge of web-based content management systems, with a background in Drupal 8 preferred.
- Knowledge of site performance tools -- such as Siteimprove -- to monitor quality assurance, accessibility, and analytics.
- Knowledge of industry best practices for the web.
- Ability to assess and evaluate learning outcomes.
- Proven experience participating in large projects with cross functional content, design, and development teams.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong self-motivation skills.
- Strong team player with significant collaborative work experience.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills including the ability to present content concepts clearly and persuasively to colleagues, partners, stakeholders, and especially to senior executives.
- A portfolio demonstrating your ability to research, write, and gauge the impact of your contribution.
- Familiarity with JIRA or similar product management tools.
- Familiarity with leading online training delivery platforms.
- Certification from accreditation body, such as the American Society for Training & Development
- Low stress work environment
- Promote from within
- Flexible start times
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
ABOUT ESG CONSULTING:
ESG Consulting is an award-winning national provider of diversified information technology consulting services to Fortune 1000, public sector entities, and emerging growth firms nationwide.
Founded in 1986, ESG offers more than 32 years of experience in the IT staffing, Engineering and consulting industry. While local to Atlanta we are headquartered in Santa Clara.
ESG is an equal opportunity company. Our flexible management culture believes in creating a business environment that fosters personal and professional growth and achievement. We make ESG a place where people are treated not as employees but as "partners".