Grid Connections Manager
Posted on Nov 1, 2020 by Lewis Davey
Lewis Davey is delighted to be working with a prestigious leader in PV and smart energy. We are currently seeking to hire a Grid Connection Manager to lead key aspects of the interconnection process for its rapidly growing portfolio of renewable energy projects.
This person will play an essential role in securing grid capacity, coordinating with iDNOs and DNOs, selecting and managing ICP partners, and building innovative and cost-effective interconnection assets for large-scale power generation facilities.
- Oversee consultants to assess the suitability of grid for early-stage projects
- Lead Grid Offer negotiations with iDNOs/DNOs on pricing, milestones, payments, etc.
- Serve as company point of contact for all iDNO/DNO communications
- Manage ICP tender processes including establishing scope of work, reviewing responses and selecting contractors
- Provide technical support during the construction of interconnection assets
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry leading ICPs
- Identify and vet emerging technologies and techniques to optimise new builds
- Develop and manage cost estimation throughout the project development process
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- 5+ years involvement in medium to large-scale (10-50 MW) interconnections of power generation projects
- ICP project development, design and construction
- Participation in and leading interconnection processes in the UK (e.g. National Grid, ENA)
- Electrical Engineering or similar university degree supplemented by industry experience
- Strong ties to key industry players, iDNOs and DNOs
- Knowledge of market-standard construction and equipment costs
- Renewable energy experience preferred but not required
Desired Skills and Characteristics
- Self-starter willing to work within a small and agile team
- High technical competence, specifically as a power engineer
- Well organized project manager with high attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships with external parties
- Willingness to eventually build and lead a team to support company growth
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and, if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.