Head of Renewable Energy Investment
Posted on Nov 1, 2020 by Lewis Davey
- Working with the team to execute renewable energy project investments. This will include conducting both internal and external specialists and assist the client to communicate with the local banks.
- Undertake and manage the necessary due diligence, financial modelling, risk analysis and mitigation in the structuring of loans, equity investments, guarantees, B-loans or other forms of assistance.
- Support the internal approvals process including interface with credit, safeguards, integrity, legal and other teams as well as management and the Board.
- With the support of internal and external counsel, ensure for all deals that appropriate legal documentation is successfully concluded in line with approvals and that financial close (i.e., first disbursement) is achieved in a timely fashion
- Ensuring compliance with required guidelines, policies and procedures as well as agreed covenants and reporting requirements up to financing effectiveness.
- Significant investment exposure on projects/deals
- Experienced senior team with strong team values
- Collaborative and entrepreneurial work environment
- Strong brand in the fund management and renewable energy industries
Knowledge / Experience
- Degree educated with strong academic background
- 5 years of previous experience from the bank or financial institutions focusing on infrastructure financing ideally with the experience in energy or renewables.
- Highly numerate with developed quantitative capabilities, with excellent communication skills.
- Commercial experiences or legal background is desired
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Very strong Excel skills are required.
- Languages skills in addition to English will be valued, but not essential
- Able to manage workload effectively and deliver quality work on schedule.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to working in a friendly, entrepreneurial, team environment
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and, if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.