DCS Systems Automation Engineer
Posted on Nov 1, 2020 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*Candidate must be able to work on a 12 hour rotating off-hours, weekend shift, 4 days on, 3 days off, there is an off hour shift differential bonus*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a DCS Systems Automation Engineer (AE). Candidate will provide automation support needed for safe, compliant operations of control systems. The AE is to be proficient with the Siemens control system, PLCs, associated HMI, and associated code. The AE is to address emergent issues, compliant with required processes and standards.
- Performs/Supports DCS Programming Automation tasks.
- Troubleshoots automation issues to support operations.
- Prepares automation engineering deliverables with oversight from supervisor (eg, temporary modifications, design change documentation).
- Interface with other disciplines, new and retrofit engineering design, submittals, attend meetings, coordination with suppliers, operations and maintenance support.
- Properly interprets and applies codes & standards and contract requirements, for the preparation of Automation engineering design documents, specifications, and system descriptions related to automation team tasks.
- Reviews, prepares, and/or checks engineering drawings and calculations, including field and design documents relating to the discipline.
- Performs special tasks and consultation to co-workers and team as necessary to support the supervisor.
- DCS/PLC configurations experience along with experience integrating PLCs into a DCS system.
- Must be able to obtain a DODI 8570.01-M IAT I, II, or Ill certification within 6 months of employment.
- Specialized Knowledge:
- Field experience in supporting an industrial plant.
- Knowledge of typical industry electrical, instrumentation, and mechanical equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings/documents (eg P&IDs, single lines, logics)
- Equipment/system troubleshooting skills.
- Working knowledge with industry wide Microsoft development tools, such as Visual Basic, C++, VB.NET, ASP.NET and database systems, such as Access, Oracle and SOL Server.
- Knowledge of industry and regulatory guides, codes, and standards.
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Must be physically fit and able to work safely at a construction/operating site.
- Experience with Microsoft office programs, VISIO, and other common computer programs.
- BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Computer, Electro-Mech, or Software engineering from an accredited institution with 3 years of related experience.
- In lieu of a degree, minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience in relevant types of automation work (eg systems startup, field engineering, plant operations)
- Candidate must be able to acquire and maintain a security clearance required for this position according to Army Regulation 50-6 (Chemical Surety).