Posted on Oct 31, 2020 by Simpson Booth Ltd.
Simpson Booth is supporting a major IT business consultancy with the recruitment of one Business Analyst for a contract at their end customer's office, based in the beautiful sunny coast of Alicante, Spain.
This is an excellent opportunity to secure a new beach-front lifestyle, working in a guaranteed long-term contract on an English-speaking project for a prestigious institution.
This is a 100% on-site, freelancer position where you will be contracted until the end of 2020 and then enjoy two annual contract renewals. You will be earning a gross day rate in accordance to the cost of living in Spain of €240 EUR per day. Typically, this rate renders around €52,800 per annum, based on 220 days of work per year.
Our Client's end customer is a major, highly established European institution, and you will be working from their new corporate office on the sunny beach front, playing a crucial role in the Analysis team to manage change and plan for the future in incorporating IT to support the organisation's needs.
Only those with a proven minimum analysis experience of 6 years in an IT capacity, and advanced fluency in written and spoken English will be considered for this role. Please apply with your CV that demonstrates this experience.
Knowledge and experience required
- Proven international experience as an analyst with expertise in eliciting, gathering and drafting clear and implementable requirements, working with use cases, business process modelling or Datamodelling
- Experience in business analysis and business process modelling (BPM)
- Practical experience in the use of requirements management tools
- Experience in Use Cases/UML
- Process analysis and improvement
- Writing formal Software Requirements Specifications (SRS)
- Developing business test scenarios and conducting UAT
- Effective use of modelling tools, requirements management tools and other productivity tools.
- Knowledge of requirements gathering standards and methodologies (IIBA, CBAP, BABOK, PMBOK, SCRUM, Agile or related business analysis qualification recommended)
- Excellent command of written and spoken English: C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEF)
- Basic knowledge of Spanish is desirable
- Strong analytical thinking; problem-solving mindset
- Ability to propose solutions aligned with company strategies
- Fast learner, able to take up analysis tasks quickly in a new domain
- Responsible, self-organised, able to work to tight deadlines proactively in a team
- Strong time-management skills and ability to prioritise
- Communication skills: excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, able to participate in multilingual meetings and to communicate effectively to all levels of stakeholders
- Interaction skills: facilitation capacity, able to take leadership and influence others
- Team worker, willing to share knowledge as well as work independently with minimal supervision
- Capable of working in an international/multicultural environment
- Able to moderate discussions and negotiate effectively to resolve differences
- Excellent command of MS Office tools (ie Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to work efficiently and maintain the quality of the analysis service whilst under pressure
- Bachelor's/Master's/PhD in STEM (Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering) or equivalent professional experience.