.net Software Engineer - C#, SQL needed
Posted on Oct 31, 2020 by Schuback Search Associates
This is an exciting time to be at this company. They have a new director that has some exciting initiatives on the docket. This is a highly visible role that will be tasked to architect, design, develop, test, assess, and troubleshoot software i This includes researching, developing, maintaining, and documenting software throughout the product life cycle.
This position will be focused on building custom software applications and integrations from ground up, as well as maintaining the current suite of solutions and integrating with various third-party solutions.
- Provides technical expertise to design and develop RESTful APIs, microservices and other software components that support business needs.
- Provides expert application design guidance on solution system designs, redesigns for platform, performance and integration of new technical features and capabilities, etc.
- Works closely with the QA, UX and other related teams to ensure consistent understanding of requirements and approach.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for current systems or added features.
- Uses tools, languages, coding standards and best practices to develop new product features and maintain year-over-year product functionality and enhancements. Creates and executes unit & automated tests and addresses defects.
- Ensure development work meets business goals while being architecturally sound, built for the long term and designed to support ease of maintenance - ensuring consistent application of coding standards.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or work experience.
- 3+ years of experience designing and developing Back End services and API's in the following areas:
- .net Core
- Node js
- Relational databases (SQL Server, MySQL, etc.)
- The role will involve converting Legacy applications written in Ruby to C# so Ruby experience could be preferred.
- Experience with deployment, provisioning, and automation tools.
- Fluent in modern software development practices (Github, pull-requests, Jira).
- Experience with cloud development (Azure, AWS) is a plus.
- Containerization experience with Docker and Kubernetes preferred.
Only local area candidates, available to work onsite when available for this direct-hire, Full time position. No C2C.