Posted on Oct 31, 2020 by Templeton and Partners
Templeton and Partners B.V. is looking for a Mendix Specialist for a project of 8 months (with options of extensions).
You are going to work in the Finance and Control block which is a team that consists of 2 (Agile) scrum teams of high skilled international professionals. As the Mendix specialist, you will participate in the scrum events of the Mendix team and will work on the different Mendix applications user stories/activities in the sprints.
In your daily work, you have to interact with different people such as:
- the Product Owner, Scrum Master, IT Dev Engineers and business developers working in the Finance and Control scrum teams
- users of the business departments
- specialists from our GTS department in London (being DBA and Middleware specialists) and the CTS department (being the platform and networking specialists and the IT Operators)
- other people working in or for the AAC GRID such as other engineers from other scrum teams within AAC and the IT Engineering Lead.
- Develop new Mendix applications
- Maintain existing Mendix applications;
- Develop and maintain WebMethod based interfaces between Mendix applications and Legacy systems (optional)
- Contribute to the Agile way of working in the scrum team you are working in
- Test your Mendix software in a solid way and where possible by making use of automated testing (f.i. with Fitnesse);
- Prepare your software (changes) for deployment according to standards
- Document your work according to standards
- Give advices how Mendix applications can be improved
We expect you to deliver:
- New Mendix applications
- Changes on existing applications
- Life Cycle Management activities on the Mendix applications
- WebMethod interfaces (optional)
- User stories in JIRA
- Documented applications
- Automated Test scripts to test your developments
- Proposals how to improve the development process and the existing Mendix applications.
We are looking for a professional with an IT background and proven experience in development of Mendix applications.
- at least 3 to 5 years of proven development experience with Mendix (vs 6 to 8)
- knowledge and proven experience with Java
- experience in a financial environment
- experience in an Agile environment
- a team player with a hands-on mentality
- strong analytical skills
- setting up Mendix CICD pipelines (using tools such as GIT, BitBucket, Jenkins, Fitness, JUnit)
- Mendix applications running in a cloud environment (preferable AWS)
- Containerization solutions
- Mendix quality tool set APM & AQM
- WebMethods, Kafka
If this sounds like your ideal next project or new project, then we very much look forward to receiving your application, and will be in touch promptly to discuss in more detail.
if you have any questions regarding this opportunity then don't hesitate to contact Templeton and Partners B.V. and ask for Veronika Koteva.