Application Engineer - Amsterdam - (remote option)
Posted on Oct 31, 2020 by Templeton and Partners
Templeton and Partners are currently seeking an experienced "Application Engineer" for a key player in the banking industry located in Amsterdam
for a duration of 8 months with options to extend.
Please find the full job details below:
As an employee of the Finance & Control Block, the Application Engineer initiates, develops and controls changes to the functional specifications and technical configuration of applications maintained by the department and supports end-users in order to let the functionality of the application meet with the business and by business development defined specifications and to enhance the performance regarding reliability, cost efficiency and flexibility.
Primary focus will be on the CTC Gresham application which is used for financial reconciliations within the company.
The application engineer will operate within an agile team currently consisting of a scrum master, product owner and a team of 4 application engineers.
Apart from creating reconciliations within CTC Gresham, the application engineer will be co-responsible for development of new recons, technical (operational) support,
incident and problem management and life cycle management on the CTC Gresham application.
Main activities are:
- Develop new recons with CTC Gresham
- Enabling stable technical operations for CTC Gresham (reducing technical incidents)
- Set up and maintenance on life cycle management operations
- Assistance on stable migration to new infrastructure, through setup of runbooks and active guidance
- Aid other team members (both Recon and non-Recon) with technical issues and task where personal expertise is available and required
- Take initiative to improve processes, procedures, documentation and security where the need is revealed
- Actively participate in overall team activities, tasks and discussions and otherwise profile self as full-fledged team member
- Roll out Gresham to other regions in which ABN AMRO Clearing is active (US & APAC)
We expect you:
- to deliver well performing recons including setting up the delivery of the recon source files;
- to analyse operational incidents;
- to deliver working test scenarios and test cases;
- to deliver documentation that corresponds to the guidelines;
- active contribution in the scrum ceremonies.
IT and Analytical skills
- Demonstrable knowledge/working practice with a recon tool, preferable CTC Gresham or otherwise IntelliMatch;
- Demonstrable experience with Windows Server and Linux platforms in an administrator role;
- Affinity with ITIL processes;
- Affinity with Agile SCRUM methods and techniques;
- Experience with programming languages preferable Java, Python, PL/SQL, XML;
- Affinity with development environments and CI/CD/Development tools GIT, BitBucket, Bamboo, Chef or similar;
- Familiar with Oracle, PostgreSQL and/or MS SQL databases;
- Affinity with BIRT reporting tool or willingness to learn;
- General banking knowledge and knowledge of securities business, familiar with the concepts of reconciliation;
- Workflow management: Atlassian tools JIRA and Confluence (used for Global Wiki) >= optional;
- Strongly developed analytical and innovative skills.
- Well developed expression skills both verbal and in writing as well as listening skills
- Strong team player
- Is open to constructive criticism
- Is innovative and does not hesitate to take initiative
- Is decisive when needed
- Is strongly persistent to achieve set goals
- Is stress-resistant, flexible and creative
We will be delighted in receiving you application regarding your interest for this role and will promptly get back in touch with you.