AWS DevOps Engineer
Posted on Oct 30, 2020 by Stelfox Ltd
AWS DevOps Engineer - Daily Rate Contract Role - Urgent Position
We are looking for an innovative AWS Dev Ops Engineer to work within a collaborative team focused on scaling up our production infrastructure. You and the team will be focused on site reliability, security, and scalability to manage our rapid growth. You will directly interact with our team of data scientists on model development and support within AWS on a new product feature.
You will be involved in all aspects, from helping us define and implement AWS/Cloud infrastructure best practices, evaluating different approaches, to hands in implementation, and planning continuous improvements. You will bring a team-oriented, (customer-centric) mindset to identify opportunities and solve customer problems across all areas of the company.
Machine Learning, Model Development (Sagemaker), Terraform, CloudFront, S3, EC2, DirectConnect, EKS, HELM, Code Deploy, Jenkins, AmazonLinux, Packer, RDS, Route53, AWS Lamb
The Value you will deliver:
- You will drive cloud first projects; migrating onprem applications.
- You will collaborate with our Architecture, Data science team and Infrastructure teams to help us define interoperability across systems and processes, specifically related to a AI and Machine learning project.
- You will advise on any changes needed in our continuous deployment, system and reliability practices, bring a true best practice approach to play.
- You will work within a cross functional agile deployment team.
- You will deliver on continuous improvement and maintenance of our systems
The skills you will bring:
- 3+ years' experience working with Infrastructure as Code using Terraform
- Experience in AWS and cloud technologies.
- Experience applying software dev practices to infrastructure deployment.
- Determination to be ahead of the curve; discovering new solutions
- Experience migrating from hosted traditional stack to a cloud-based stack.
- Experience developing docker solutions in AWS: Kubernetes, EKS, ECR HELM.
- An innovative mindset, you will always be seeking creative ways we can improve
- Excellent Teamwork skills, you will collaborate with other teams within business to build solutions
- Exposure to Jenkins or Packer
- Experience with API Gateway and CloudFront.
- Experience with Maven and Bash
*Live Role - Apply for immediate consideration*
If you are interested in this position please forward your CV to (see below) or call Suzanne Brophy in strictest confidence for further information.