Wind Development Planning Consultant
Posted on Oct 30, 2020 by Wind Estate (UK)
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
£27.5k - £32k Annual
Role: Wind Development Planning Consultant
Salary - £27,500 - £32,000 per annum (experience dependent)
Wind Estate is one of Denmark's leading energy companies specializing in the sale of environmentally friendly electricity. The company currently owns a portfolio of almost 400 wind turbines located mainly in Denmark with a total capacity of 275 MW.
Wind Estate is a solid Danish company in constant development, built up out of the revolution of the wind industry in the early 1990s, our strategy is simply to continue to expand the company's capacity through the development, financing, construction and operation of new wind turbine projects in the UK and Denmark.
Wind Estate is a well consolidated company with far-reaching capabilities in each area of the company. We place values such as credibility, innovation, quality, and positivity high on the agenda, where the desire and willingness to go the extra mile is the driving force.
Wind Estate (UK) is a 100% subsidiary of the Wind Estate, established in 2016. The company is based out of Harrogate, North Yorkshire, focusing on development of new wind projects in Scotland and the possibility of development in England dependent on a change in government policy.
Having developed a sizeable project development portfolio in Scotland, Wind Estate is looking to expand the company with one more employee to accompany and support our Wind Development Manager to facilitate further growth.
As a Wind Development Planning Consultant, your primary focus will be to evaluate and eventually manage new development sites in Scotland. For the right person, this is an exciting opportunity with the potential to grow into a Wind Project Developer, working alongside the Wind Development Manager to learn on a day to day basis, being exposed to all of the elements involved being a Wind Project Developer.
We are looking for an outgoing, positive, and persistent individual, with the ability to adapt with a can-do attitude prepared to go the extra mile.
Under guidance of the Wind Development Manager, you will be trained on the company's operating procedures and in use of relevant software and assessing and reporting methods.
Reporting to the Wind Development Manger, the main purpose of the role is to support the development of new wind projects in Scotland. The role will include the following:
- Screening and constraint mapping of new development areas
- Assessing and reporting on planning and environmental impacts of new sites
- Producing planning and environmental reports
- Liaising with external stakeholders (e.g. planning authorities, community relations, statutory consultees, landowners, grid network operators)
- Assessing wind resources, including performing wind resource measurements at site (training to be provided)
- Designing sites and assessing routes to site
- Land Registry searching and reporting
Skills and Experience:
- You have recently graduated with a few years of planning experience, preferably from planning of wind projects
- A town and country planning background
- You have an analytical and structured approach to the tasks
- You are good at putting yourself in the place of others, are solution-oriented and understand the interaction between the different interests
- You are good in IT with experience in Microsoft office
- Ideally you are based in the North of Yorkshire, working out of the office in Harrogate with frequent trips to Scotland
- An exciting company in growth
- Great freedom and flexibility for planning your own work day
- Salary by qualification / experience
If you fit in the description above, we would love to hear from you by 12th of November 2020. If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Wind Development Manager Charles Ashton on telephone or email - .
Interviews will be held continuously, so please sent your application as soon as possible, if you are interested in the position.
All applications will be treated confidentially.