Cloud Integration DevOps Engineer (Kafka, AWS/Azure, CI/CD)
Posted on Oct 30, 2020 by Levy Associates Ltd
Cloud Integration DevOps Engineer
You, as a Cloud Integration DevOps Engineer (Eventing & Messaging), help other DevOps teams to build, manage and consume their own events using a self-service Apache Kafka portal. The objective is to expand our scope to Enterprise level and assist the International part of the organisation as well.
- From the operations side we are using Docker, Kubernetes on the Rancher platform, Azure DevOps and PCF, Linux Scripting.
- Advising and helping our customers who are building event streaming applications based on Apache Kafka, regular customer contact is part of the job.
- You will help other DevOps teams throughout the company adapt and embrace Event streaming with Apache Kafka.
- You will maintain and contribute to a growing catalogue of excellent Eventing patterns using Apache Kafka. Our team will start to maintain several MQ bridges in the near future. These bridges transfer millions of events to Apache Kafka per day.
- You actively support other DevOps teams on Do it Yourself solutions (Event Streaming)
- With help of your team you automate your own recurring work eg through Ansible, Git, Jenkins, Python or Java (combining this with the IntegrationDesk and IntegrationHub).
- You generate and maintain your team specific content at the new created IntegrationHub.
- You develop features for our consumers (other DevOps teams) and assist in building our own Azure DevOps pipelines for the on premise infra.
- You proactively help your team grow in their own Agile way of working and team autonomy.
- 4+ years of Software Development and System Administration
- Competent understanding of integration and Middleware
- Sufficient expertise in analysis, programming, operations, security, testing, infrastructure, CI/CD
- Experience with Java, Git, Python, Maven and Bash
- Experience with Apache Camel in combination with Apache Kafka or Kafka Connect is plus
- Experience with Azure DevOps, Ansible, GIT and building pipelines.
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience with the eventing technologies like Apache Kafka, Zookeeper, Flink, Spark, Cassandra
- Experience in the messages technologies like IBM WebSphere, WebLogic
- Experience with Azure and/or AWS