Lead Automation Infrastructure Engineer
Posted on Oct 30, 2020 by NES IT
Dundalk, Louth, Ireland
30 Nov 2020
Lead Automation Infrastructure Engineer - Permanent - Dundalk, Ireland
ESSENTIAL:- Must have a strong Biotech/Pharma background. Strong LAN, HyperV, Windows Server, VMware, Citrix, AD, Domain Controls, IAM & Security experience. At least 4 years experience installing & configuring Server/Network infrastructure for Virtualised Systems solutions in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry is required. Experience with Dell Multi-host blade systems. Strong knowledge of virtualisation (VMWare & hyper - V) in an operational environment. In-depth experience with DeltaV Administration.
The Lead Automation Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for the AIS Systems Infrastructure & will support the installation, configuration, maintenance & backup/recovery of the IT Systems & Infrastructure associated with Process Automation (DeltaV), VPE (Siemens) & Lab Systems.
Lead Automation Infrastructure Engineer Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support critical-to-manufacturing & Laboratory systems & ensure their high availability reducing or eliminating unplanned downtime
- Provide subject matter expertise in the design & implementation of new or upgraded technologies within the manufacturing & Laboratory environments
- Work closely with co-operate AIS & IT infrastructure teams to ensure continued technical alignment
- Responsibility for defining & implementing the maintenance of all manufacturing & laboratory system assets. Ensure appropriate monitoring, alerting & response to network & system issues affecting functionality & availability.
- Maintain relationships with critical suppliers, managing escalations & resolution of technical issues
- Work closely with cooperate security to manage cybersecurity for manufacturing & laboratory systems. Evaluate cooperate standards & manufacturing/laboratory specific technologies for suitability.
- Manage scheduling, implementation & reporting of preventative maintenance, OS & Application patching & upgrades on manufacturing systems network.
Lead Automation Infrastructure Engineer Background/Experience:-
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, Biotech Engineering or related computer science engineering with 5+ years experience in operations/manufacturing environment
- At least 4 years experience installing & configuring Server/Network infrastructure for Virtualised Systems solutions in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry is required.
- In depth experience with regard to the physical installation of Server & Network Infrastructure
- Experience with Dell Multi-host blade systems
- Strong knowledge of virtualisation (VMWare & hyper - V) in an operational environment.
- In-depth experience with DeltaV Administration
- Experience with Backup & Recovery solutions for large virtualised server infrastructure.
- Understanding of Microsoft Licensing & Vendor package licensing
- Experience deploying & managing Server & Network monitoring tools.
- Understanding of key LAN principles in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with SQL Server & OSI Pi is a plus.
- Strong network architecture or engineering proficiencies including TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, Network IDS/IPS, Active Directory, Domain Integration & Firewalls
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2012, 2016 & 2019
- Experience with Thin Client Software solutions
- Understanding of documentation, such as Hardware Design, Network Design, FAT & SAT documentation
- Knowledge of cGMP particularly as it applies to biologics manufacturing & automated systems
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.