Posted on Oct 30, 2020 by Edissero Ltd
Are you looking for a new technical writing challenge in a company that's making a difference to the world of science and manufacturing? Do you have a solid professional or academic background in engineering and/or science? Are you looking to work for a company that is at the cutting edge of biomedical, aerospace, healthcare and automotive/Formula 1 research? Would you enjoy working in a place where you can see first-hand what it is you're documenting?
If the answer to any of those questions is yes, then read on!
Our global engineering client is looking for an experienced technical author to join its small, professional and very welcoming writing team. This role offers opportunities to work across a wide product and customer range, and allows you to contribute ideas on how to improve content, processes and the user experience. You'll find helpful engineers and the busy factory floor just a few steps away from your desk, allowing you to fully familiarise yourself with the products you'd be writing about. No two days are the same and there is plenty to get your teeth into!
This role is ideal if you're looking to take the next step in your career, and if you're keen on potentially leading your own writing team within the next couple of years.
- Solid technical writing experience in a hardware or software environment.
- A background in engineering or science (work and/or academic).
- The ability to take a highly technical concept and explain it in simple terms.
- Enthusiasm and curiosity to find new ways of doing things.
- The ability to interact and build rapport with engineers (software, hardware, electronics etc.) and other subject matter experts to ask questions and gather information.
- Experience with FrameMaker, WebWorks ePublisher or similar authoring tools.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£200 - £250 Daily
£40k - £45k Annual
£60k - £70k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual
£300 - £300 Daily
£58k - £70k Annual
£70k - £90k Annual
£70k - £90k Annual