Senior Release Manager
Posted on Oct 29, 2020 by Trust In Soda
Contract Length: 12 Months
YOU MUST BE BASED IN BELGIUM FOR THIS POSITION AS IT WILL BE ON SIGHT
Location: Brussels, Belgium
My consultancy client is looking for a Build & Release Manager to play an active role in the Release Management team for applications in our portfolio
- Participate in the project estimations for Release management tasks.
- Make sure that deployments are done according to the standards eg coordination with the different teams, Development team, DBA, Unix/Linux
- Standards for installations are set and followed
- Participate in the implementation of the releases following the client's change & release management processes.
- Provide support to the operation team in case of major incidents for which engineering knowledge is required.
- Build and create tools and documentation to improve our release management processes.
Degree & Experience
- 5 years in IT with experience in build and release management.
- A developer background is a plus
- Experience in a telecommunication environment is an asset
- Good knowledge of UNIX/Linux operating system
- Experience in Korn Shell programming or equivalent
- Strong knowledge with relational DB (oracle)
- Hands on experience with SQL*Plus, SQL script, Queries, Basic administration skills
- Experience with WebSphere Application Server is a plus
- Experience with GIT/Clearcase
- Familiar with Scrum/Agile way of working is a plus.
- Experience with RDBMS/NoSQLs (MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.) is a plus
- Experience with distributed systems µ-Services is a plus. (+2M Req/day with burst loads of 200k/10 min)
- We are looking for a person that can think proactive and can work autonomously.
- Team player, show flexibility. strong sense of responsibility and commitment.
- Good analytical skills
- Solution oriented.
- Strong communication skills when interacting with the different teams involved.
- Fluent in English spoken and written is a must.
- French and Dutch is a plus.