Human Resources Generalist
Posted on Oct 29, 2020 by Kent Adhesive Products Company
Kent Adhesive Products Company (KAPCO) is a growing company in Kent Ohio.
KAPCO is a custom coater and converter of flexible pressure-sensitive materials. Founded in 1974 in Kent, Ohio, KAPCO is an innovative business that continues to define higher standards for adhesive applications. All of the company's operations are located in a modern 120,000-square-foot facility.
Performs the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices. Responsible for onboarding, training and development of personnel and maintaining Safety Policies and Procedures
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Leads the Safety committee and maintains the Safety program
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Makes recommendations and implements strategies to shape organizational culture
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
(A) Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a closely related field, and
(B) 3+ years of experience in human resource management, or
(C) Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
(A) Considerable knowledge of modern policies and practices of human resources administration; considerable knowledge of compensation and benefits, recruitment, selection, training, workers' compensation and employee relations;
(B) Skill in preparing and administering job descriptions, announcements, and examinations; skill in analysing personnel programs and systems; skill in operating the listed tools and equipment;
(C) Ability to analyze and interpret comprehensive job requirements; ability to carry out assigned projects to their completion; ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with applicants, employees, company officials, and the general public; ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information; ability to pay close attention to detail; ability to understand and follow instructions.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.