Legal Business Partner
Posted on Oct 29, 2020 by Monarch Recruitment Ltd.
Monarch are working with a leading financial organisation in Waterloo, Belgium who are looking to bring on a primary legal business partner and will be responsible for all legal aspects of a cluster of countries in Europe. The function reports into a Senior Managing Counsel.
The appointed person will be expected to make a significant contribution to the successful management and growth of the business, you will need experience in the below to be successful:
- Master in law degree, with 3 to max 5 years of experience;
- Relevant post-qualification experience in general commercial legal matters in a reputable law firm and/or as in-house lawyer, preferably in the financial services, banking or technology sector; Experience in providing legal support to US organizations and experience in corporate law, IT law considered an asset.
- Fluent in English (both orally as in writing); any additional European languages will be considered an asset.
- Must be able to contribute and operate effectively within a diverse multicultural organization.
- The candidate should have a positive can do it attitude, be stress resistant and ready to go the extra mile.
- The candidate should be a team player who is both organizationally savvy and a strong communicator able to collaborate cross-functionally and across regions.
- Thorough, meticulous and attention to detail but nevertheless able to prioritize, focus on the important rather than just urgent matters and get the job done.
- Good commercial judgment and creative approach to problem-solving.
- Flexible and capable of working efficiently in a fast evolving environment;
- Enjoy working in a team and enjoy sharing knowledge, but able to work independently and take on responsibilities.