Senior UI Engineer
Posted on Oct 29, 2020 by Beacon Hill Staffing Group
Our client has a contract to hire opportunity for a Sr. UI Engineer.
- Participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle which includes estimating, technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment developed for our stakeholders within an Agile Scrum environment.
- Provide UI development leadership and expertise
- Work with product managers, UI/UX designers, solution architects, technical leads and developers on interpretation/translation of wireframes and creative designs into functional requirements, and subsequently into technical design.
- Embrace the established standards and best practices that currently exist for software applications, and contribute ideas in these areas to keep our technology moving forward
- Collaborate and communicate effectively and efficiently with other developers on the team to achieve the highest quality code & product
- Report status and work progress to scrum master and technical lead as requested
- Create technical documentation as required in the form of technical specifications, and project artifacts
- Assist/Mentor other developers on the team in software development best practices and continual improvement of service
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience levels
- Bachelor's degree in Computer/Information Science or Information Systems Management or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years experience with Angular and AngularJS
- Experience with other programming languages like CSS, Typescript, Java, etc.
- Experience in hybrid mobile applications using Cordova or Ionic frameworks.
- Understanding of different Browser engines and their associated architectures.
- Experience in Linux/Unix/Mac OS X based environments, comfortable working with command line tools & Scripting
- Experience with the following tools & technologies: Angular CLI, Webpack, Docker, Jenkins, Selenium, GIT, Swagger, SonarQube, Mocha, Karma, Jasmine
- Experience with Bootstrap or similar frameworks
- Experience using CSS Preprocessors (preferably SASS)
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery environment, utilizing automated testing, as well as Test Driven Development
- Experience working on teams that have employed agile methodologies.
- Skilled problem solvers with the desire and proven ability to create innovative solutions.
- Passion for delivering quality software, and experience leading and mentoring senior developers in ensuring design and coding best practices and standards are followed.
- Flexible and adaptable attitude, disciplined to manage multiple responsibilities and adjust to varied environments.
- Future technology leaders- dynamic individuals energized by fast paced personal and professional growth.
- Experience working with Mainframe & banking software systems desired but not required.
- Experience working with an application container platform using docker.
- Experience with GIT and GIT Workflows (gitflow, pull requests, etc.).
- Experience working as a Full Stack engineer, specifically with Java and Spring.
- Experience with APM tools like Dynatrace or AppDynamics
- Experience with CDN providers like Akamai or Google Cloud CDN.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.