Lead Snowflake Data Warehouse Developer
Posted on Oct 29, 2020 by Appoint Search Ltd
Lead Snowflake Data Warehouse Developer Azure, AWS expert - to £90k base + bonus and benefits
Do you have Snowflake Data Warehouse Development experience?
Would you like to work for a leading Data Governance Consultancy where your skills are valued?
If you do, we need to talk, an independent consultancy with deep expertise in all things data (think, strategy, integration, migration, Governance, quality, and architecture) are looking to hire a Lead Snowflake Data Warehouse Developer Azure, AWS expert to be an integral part of their growing team.
You will be working on a number of large-scale enterprise-wide data transformations over to Snowflake.
The ideal candidate will have experience with leading and managing previous Azure and or AWS Snowflake projects along with being adept at working with large data sets to develop advanced, scalable DW solutions to serve reporting, BI, data science teams and more. (this is a very hands-on technical role with a good mix of client facing exposure)
- Data architecture and modelling experience to the highest level and standard (hub and spoke, SCDs, clustering, PDTs, materialized views etc)
- Performance tuning - a deep understanding of query and table performance and how to resolve nonperforming model/query issues, particularly in Snowflake.
- Data Warehouse Design - a demonstrable deep and broad understanding of best practices, common issues and resolutions especially in relation to Azure, AWS and Snowflake products
- Data Volumes, experience working with Petabyte scale data and creating performant data solutions across huge data sets, especially in Azure, AWS/Snowflake
- Advanced Caching.
- Highly advanced SQL a must.
- Commercial experience implementing a Snowflake Data Warehouse projects (must have previous Snowflake experience)
- Ability to present findings in a structured, clear manner with actionable insights.
- AGILE working and sprint planning.
- Experience working with Trello/JIRA to track workloads and tie into sprint plans.
- Experience working in an enterprise organisation and dealing with C level stakeholders.
- Pipelines, ETL/ELT and advanced data ingestion.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for translating data insights into concise executive summaries and presentations.
- A true self starter, hungry to learn and grow in part of a growing data consultancy.
- Advanced testing and UAT of workloads and outcomes, demonstrable with their own methodology.
- Security, GDPR and PII data handling principles.
- Training business users.
- Solid knowledge of Azure and AWS.
- Experience with one or more of the leading BI tools - Looker, Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, Google Data Studio an advantage.
The company is great, supportive, professional and at the forefront of data governance, the office is relaxed but busy, they employ some of the brightest talent around. The senior leadership team are passionate and well regarded. They are dynamic, with an open culture, no office politics or micromanagement.
For the foreseeable future, this will be a home-based role with all interviews to be carried out by video conference.
Hit the apply button and discover what's possible.