Junior Programmer/Database Designer
Posted on Oct 28, 2020 by ITech Consult
Junior Programmer/Database Designer - programming and database management, R/SAS/Shiny, SBML, data digitization, English
For our client in the Pharma industry based in Basel we are looking for a Junior Programmer/Database Designer. Client (Pharma) believe it's urgent to deliver medical solutions right now - even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about making a positive impact on patients' lives.
We are brave in both decision and action; we believe that good business means a better world.
Pharmaceutical Sciences (PS) is a global function within Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED) enabling discovery and early development of drug candidates in support of a diverse portfolio of small molecules, complex therapeutic proteins, oligonucleotides and gene therapies.
To support the team's workload, pRED is looking for a junior programmer and database designer.
The ideal profile is someone with a technical background in programming and database design with data management skills. Previous experience of working for a life science organization and/or working with PK/PD data is an advantage.
Please note the team is looking for someone junior that they can train.
Areas of responsibility:
- Conduct Model and PK/PD Parameters database creation; Extract models; Digitize data
- Convert existing models into SBML compatible format
- Develop R-Shiny applications to facilitate quantitative data analysis
Professional and technical requirements:
- Strong IT programming and database management skills
- 2y+ of work experience in a similar position (ideally in a pharmaceutical environment)
- Strong knowledge and experience of R, SAS and Shiny
- Experience in data pooling and graphical representation
- Excellent understanding of SBML
- Experience in data digitization
- Communication and interpersonal skills for interacting with the different functional groups
- Business fluency in English in written and spoken
Nice to Haves:
- Pharma experience
Reference no: 919776 AD
Role: Junior Programmer/Database Designer
Industry: Pharmaceutical industry
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Start date: ASAP, latest 01.12.20
Duration: 12 months contract, with possible extension
ITech Consult is a certified ISO 9001:2015 Swiss company with offices also located in Germany and Ireland. ITech Consult is specialised in delivering IT candidates for contract work. We were founded in 1997 by IT professionals; hence we well understand what it means to be professionally supported in your search for a new project and being employed.