Senior Software/Appian Developer
Posted on Oct 28, 2020 by Octo Consulting Group
Octo Consulting Group (Octo) is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of digital services for the federal government. Octo specializes in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government's most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo youll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff youll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region's best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
As a Sr. Software/Appian Developer at Octo, you will join a highly visible Agile project for a government client.
In this role, youll design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features, debug existing software, and correct defects. This role integrates existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments. You will leverage your technical lead experience and desire to be part of a strong delivery team, building high quality software to advance agency mission achievement.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client's missions.
The project you will be working on is a high-profile, essential effort to create a new, centralized management system using the Appian platform. The ultimate outcome of the centralized system is to help the agency increase the rate of collections and strengthen the financial integrity and fiscal stewardship of the agency; reduce the administrative burden borne by agencies at the field, district, and/or region level; and increase and improve safety by strengthening the enforcement of laws. The team will work collaboratively with the customer, using Agile development best practices, to develop, test and deploy release into the production environment on an incremental release schedule.
Skills & Requirements
- Appian A-Score Level 3 Credential is a firm requirement
- A deep knowledge of Appian case management software, including its integration capabilities and deployment options
- At least 1 year of implementation experience with Appian software in a FedRAMP-compliant cloud hosting environment
- 3+ years' experience developing software interfaces between case management software and external systems using messaging queue, Restful API, and sftp
- 3+ years Java and SQL experience
- Experience developing, maintaining, and enhancing complex and diverse software systems based upon documented requirements
- Provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of COTS/GOTS in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components
- Experience designing, implementing, and integrating software applications or performing software engineering tasks
- Utilize software engineering and design methodologies appropriate to the development, integration, and production environment
- Ensure efficient delivery of software engineering capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes
- Experience reviewing and testing software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results
- Thorough understanding of the following interfaces and formats (at a minimum); standard web service protocols (SOAP, REST, and OGC)
- Technical leadership in implementing enterprise-class application delivery
- Experience contributing to Agile ceremonies/meetings; providing demonstrations of code and contributing to the Agile team wherever required
- Demonstrated experience delivering meaningful results while working independently with minimal supervision and guidance
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with experience exercising mature judgment
- Experience developing software interfaces between case management software and external systems using messaging queue, Restful API, and sftp are desired
- Experience in the AWS, Tableau, document management, and integration with Treasury systems and Lockbox are desired
- Technical experience in a common platform environment preferred
- Ability to explain technical content to non-technical, business stakeholders preferred
- Previous experiences in a government consulting environment highly preferred
- Previous experience as a developer for a platform-based development project such as Appian, Salesforce, or ServiceNow highly preferred
Years of Experience: 10+ years overall software development experience; 5+ years technical lead experience
Education: Bachelors Degree in a Technical Discipline (eg, Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent technical degree) is required
Location: Reston, VA [Due to COVID-19 this position is currently 100% telework]
Clearance: U.S. Citizenship required, and ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance